Chapter 19: Love triangle

Yeonjun's POV:

"So what is your relationship with Soobin?" I heard my mom ask as she was getting water from the fridge, making me stop doing everything  I had in mind. 

What do I say? Do I tell her the truth? She never knew I ever had a boyfriend, she always thought I was just playing around with my friends. 

"What?" was all that was able to come out of my mouth. I was still startled by the question as I heard her chuckle.

"How do you feel about him?" she asked me, not beating around the bush. How can she be so straightforward with this kind of question-?

"Well-- he is cute." I answered.

"I knew it." she smirked. I guess I was taking too long to answer.

"What do you mean, you knew it?"

"You two are together, aren't you?"

Crap. 

".....Huh-"

"Don't try to find an excuse, Yeonjun. You know I know when you're lying. I'm your mother, after all."

Fuck.

I didn't know how to react at this point. I didn't know what to say. So I decided to tell the truth as it is.

"Recently..." I said. She seemed to be a bit confused.

"We started dating recently. We kissed yesterday before I brought him home. And I asked him to be my boyfriend today." I said. I then looked up at her and I was sure, her eyes were glossy.

"Mom...? Everything okay...?"

She wiped the tear that ran down her cheek. Don't even know if it's a fake one or a real one.

"My baby's grown so much. He's finally got himself a man."

"I-- what-- you-- what's going on....?" I asked. I was confused. My mom wasn't homophobic, and she was fine if I was messing around with my friends not in a very straight way, or whenever she was talking about me and Soobin. But I never thought she would actually be fine with me dating a guy. "I didn't think... you'd be fine with it--" 

She snorted. "Why not? It's not for me to decide for you. You cannot control your feelings. Besides, it's not my life. You're a grown man, you can decide for yourself. You think I haven't had any gay relationships before your dad??? Booyy, I was kissing my girlfriends as if it was a natural thing in the world and they were fine with it."

"So you were serious when you were 'joking' about me and Soobin??!" I exclaimed.

"Well, this is gonna happen sooner or later. Especially with you, horny teenagers."

"YAH, MOM!" I yelled, feeling my ears go red.

"Just make sure to go easy on him during your first time."

And that was it. 

Battery died. 

Yeonjun.exe has stopped working. 

D E F E A T E D.

She went back into the gym room in the house and I rushed to my room where Soobin was. I stopped right before entering.

"Hey, mom?"

"Hm?" she turned around.

"Don't tell dad," I asked her. "I wanna tell him myself."

She smiled at me and entered the room and I entered mine.

+×+

3rd person's POV: