Chapter 9: Introducing

3rd person's POV:

Soobin woke up in the middle of the night to the constant screaming from the neighbors. And those were not party screams.

It took him a while to realize that he was snuggled under a blanket with an arm wrapped around him as his head was still laying on someone's shoulder.

He blushed madly when he realized that he never left Yeonjun's house, and the shoulder he was laying on is Yeonjun's. It was comfy to sleep on it since Yeonjun's shoulders are broad which also came to Soobin's mind, which made him turn redder.

"Yeonjun-hyung...." he softly said, slightly shaking up the older for him to wake up, but Yeonjun only answered with a groan.

Soobin felt bad. He didn't want to wake Yeonjun up. He shook him again, and this time, Yeonjun shifted and woke up.

"Mm?" he hummed, still half asleep.

"Is everything alright...? I hear screams.." Soobin referred to the neighbors.

Yeonjun's eyes kept closing and he was about to fall asleep any moment.

"They're like that every night," he mumbled. "Let's just sleep," he mumbled afterward, and dragged Soobin with him and the two were laying on the couch, facing each other.

Yeonjun was asleep but Soobin was quite awake. Yeonjun pulled him close to himself as his arm was wrapped around the younger. Soobin's breath was rapid as he tried calming down. He felt flustered.

Yeonjun was very close. He practically trapped the younger in his arms. And they were facing each other.

But as he relaxed, he found himself looking at the older's facial features.

'Pretty...' Soobin thought and mentally slapped himself. The screams he heard once again returned him to reality from admiring Yeonjun.

'What the hell, Soobin?! Go to sleep!' the boy cursed himself and closed his eyes falling asleep in Yeonjun's arms.

+×+

3rd person's POV:

Beomgyu arrived at Taehyun's place again.

"Hey, come in." Taehyun greeted the older and let him in.

As they entered the younger's room, Beomgyu stopped Taehyun from taking out the supplies needed for the project and suggested something else instead.

"Hey, I thought, why not instead of a project, we just walk around and talk? I brought ice cream." he chuckled at the last sentence, smiling widely.

"Sure." Taehyun smiled back.

+×+

The two left the house and were walking around the neighborhood.

"So, you know I want to know more about you. But I know you're not the person to open up much, right? So, how about I start off first?" Beomgyu suggested. He thought, maybe Taehyun is just not the person to open up to someone he knows nothing about? So, he thought of opening up first, so that Taehyun knows the Choi Beomgyu he really is and not the one everyone talks around the school about.

"Why are you so interested in learning more about me?? We're just partners-- why are you trying to become my friend even when you know I don't like you-!" the red-haired boy was confused. He was doing his best to push Beomgyu away from him but the other wouldn't give up on him.

"Because I want to know the Taehyun you truly are. Not the ice prince Taehyun everyone knows." Beomgyu answered.

"But it is me."

"Liar. You're different when you're with Soobin-hyung. I saw your smile. That's not the kind of smile an 'ice prince' would have."

Taehyun was honestly touched by those words. Not a lot even care. All people care about are his looks and how he acts around them. But Beomgyu wanted to know the Taehyun he never shows to others.

But he was still being stubborn with his own head.

"Okay, how about I share a story about myself?" Beomgyu said. "My name is Choi Beomgyu. I had been friends with Yeonjun-hyung since my freshman year here. I used to be quite shy but because of him, I opened up to people. Basically, students know me because of him. He helped me feel more like myself. With time, I just kept noticing how whenever I'd pass by, students would high-five me or at least say 'hi'. So, I just happened to know everyone at this school, and they know me." Beomgyu started off. "Sometimes even too much."

This gathered Taehyun's attention.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"Well, not exactly what I meant. Just sometimes, when rumors follow around, people just can't mind their own business and just keep asking questions, whispering, taking pictures, sometimes following." the older explained.

"Wait, so there have been rumors about you?" Taehyun exclaimed surprised.

"Duh! Of course! People always try to get everyone into some drama. They have no life, so they put their noses in someone else's business instead." Beomgyu said. "Nothing too scandalous happened to me. There were some, but they were quickly proven wrong. Bunch of dating rumors as well, but I don't really care anymore. They can believe what they want. I know who I am and that's what matters to me." the older said as Taehyun listened.

"That's true. I never wanted to be the popular guy when I arrived at this school. But yet I am. I don't speak much to others in order to not say anything that will be the reason for a rumor. That's why I only talk to Soobin-hyung. One friend is enough for me."

"But even he doesn't know you that much." Beomgyu suddenly said which made Taehyun's already big eyes widen more.

"What." his eyebrows furrowed.

"I'm just saying. You say that Soobin-hyung is your friend. But he doesn't know you. He only knows the other side of the 'ice prince' that you don't show to others."

"This is none of your business. He knows what he needs to know." Taehyun answered bluntly.

"Alright, sorry. I tried melting the ice between us but looks like it'll be harder than I thought. If you need your friends to trust you, they have to know what kind of person they're giving their trust to. I'm sure, your past experience can't be that bad. Not like someone died on your hands in your past school or anything, right?"

Taehyun listened to the older's explosive words but it actually put him to a small thought.

"What a bunch of crap."