Chapter 2: Interested

Beomgyu's POV:

"So how is it going with the ice prince?" Yeonjun-hyung asked as he changed the topic while we were on our way to the bus station.

"I put my phone number in his locker. Tsk, like he is gonna contact me. He legit hates me!" I complained.

"Well, looks like the 'ice prince' nickname wasn't given him just like that."

"I feel like there's more to that, though."

"Beomgyu, don't let it get to you." Yeonjun scoffed.

"But I need to find a way to approach him, hyung! How are we supposed to work on a project together if we can't even talk normally without--" I stopped myself.

"-without him throwing glares at you?" Yeonjun-hyung finished.

"Well-- yeah-" I agreed. "Oh hey, there he is!" I noticed Taehyun laughing with his friend as they were approaching the bus station.

"Hi, Taehyun!" I called out.

His expression changed in an instant.

"Did you see my note? I mean-- you probably get a lot of them. I know how that feels."

"So it was you?" he interrupted me.

"Yeah. I was thinking we should meet up and talk about our project research. Or at least, talk out who's gonna do what."

"Not interested," he said and started walking away. Again.

Yeonjun-hyung wanted to say a word or two, but I stopped him before he did so, as I grabbed Taehyun's wrist.

"You can't walk away from me. I'm not gonna fail a class just because you can't deal with your hate towards me."

"Let go of me!" he completely ignored me as he tried getting out of my grip. I was getting sick of his stubbornness by now.

"I get that you hate me, for whatever reason, but I am here, trying to be nice and approach you. I don't know what your problem with me is, but stop being a stubborn brat, we need to get that stupid project done!" I snapped at him and left since my bus arrived.

I could see people whispering as I passed by.

Mind your own business.

+×+

3rd person's POV:

Taehyun and Soobin were now out of the bus on their way home.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Taehyun!" Soobin waved at the younger as they reached Taehyun's house and had to part ways.

"Bye, hyung!" he waved back and entered the house, immediately going to his room.

"Taehyun-ah! How was school?" his mom asked him from the kitchen but was ignored when Taehyun shut the door to his room.

His mom was finishing up the cooking and went to her son's room to check on him.

"Taehyun-ah, is everything alright?"

"Mom? Sorry I ignored you, I just... had a rough day." Taehyun immediately blurted out, apologizing.

"Do you want to talk about it?" she asked calmly.

"No, I'm good. It's not that bad, thanks. Sorry again."

"Alright. You know you can talk to me if something's wrong. Don't let the story repeat itself."

"I know, thank you. I promise it's nothing like that," he answered.

"Alright, dinner's almost ready."

"Thanks, I'll come soon." Taehyun smiled gently as his mom kissed his forehead before she left the room.

+×+

Soobin was in the library, searching for another book to read, when he bumped into someone smaller when he moved aside.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry!" he immediately apologized.

"Nah, you're good." the other reassured and smiled. "Oh, hold up, I know you. My friend got paired up with yours." the boy said.

"Oh! You're Choi Yeonjun?" the taller asked.

"I am! And you are?"

"Choi Soobin." the younger smiled. "You like reading too?"

"Pffft, noo. I'm just a volunteer. Need that for a scholarship." Yeonjun explained.

"Are you here every day?" Soobin asked.

"Pretty much. Unless I get excused."

Awkward silence filled the space between the two as they kept staring awkwardly at each other.

"Well-- I'll go check this one out--" Soobin blurted out to break the awkwardness.

"Yeah right-- I need to finish sorting out those books."

"See you tomorrow!" the younger said as he headed to the book check-out station.

Yeonjun's gaze followed the bunny as a smile couldn't leave his face.

+×+

The next morning, Soobin and Taehyun were waiting for their bus to come, as usual.

"So what are you gonna do about Beomgyu?" the taller asked his shorter friend.

"Hyung, I waited for yesterday's day to end because the thought of doing this stupid project and seeing his annoying face again today wouldn't leave my head. I don't wanna start today's day thinking about him."

"Alright, sorry."

+×+

As the two arrived to school already, Soobin heard someone call out to him. He turned around and saw the boy he saw yesterday at the library walking up to them.

"Yeonjun-hyung, hi!"

"Have you two seen Beomgyu anywhere around?" the blonde said, looking at Taehyun afterwards.

"Why would I know where he might be?" the smallest annoyingly said back.

"Well, you two are supposed to work on a project together--"

"That doesn't mean that we already know everything about each other." Yeonjun was interrupted by Taehyun who then left the two hyungs, irritated.

"Why does he react like that to Beomgyu? Is he jealous of his popularity or something?" Yeonjun wondered.

"It's the opposite. Not just Beomgyu; Taehyun doesn't like any popular kids."

"Why?"

"I don't know for sure. I never asked. I always thought it was his personal opinion on them."

Yeonjun confusingly raised an eyebrow. "But isn't he one of the popular ones too??"

"He never wanted to be one."