Chapter 15: Taking care of Soobin

Yeonjun's POV:

We arrived at my house and I told my parents that Soobin will be staying over. Obviously, they didn't mind.

Soobin couldn't stop coughing ever since the rain stopped and we were walking back home. I looked in my closet and found some of my clothes to give to him.

I gave him a dry shirt and a hoodie to keep him warm and some sweatpants.

"I don't wanna hear anything. You're wearing it. I don't want you to get worse. Go, take a shower. I will give you a towel in a sec." I nagged but I was genuinely worried about him. His cheeks were red. He had a runny nose, and he just looked very tired and exhausted.

He was soon out of the shower and I couldn't help it-- My face blushed so much because Soobin was just so adorable wearing my clothes. He looked so comfy and homelike, like a big squish pillow you want to keep hugging at night.

"Yah, hyung-!" he tried bringing me back from my little dream cloud but then he was also interrupted by the cough.

"Lay on my bed." I escorted him but he tried jolting away, finding an excuse.

"I already told you, I don't wanna hear it. I want you to get better and you need to get good rest tonight. So you're sleeping in my bed." I stated firmly and he had no choice but to just give in. Plus his slight dizziness played the role.

"Where are you going to sleep then?" he asked, turning to me.

"I can sleep with you. We've done it before so why not sleep together now?" I said so casually as Soobin was turning redder.

"I.... didn't think you'd actually want to......" I heard him mumble.

"Did I hear you right?? You want me to sleep with you??" I teased pouting at his cuteness. He hummed shyly and I layed next to him covering both of us with a blanket.

We both snuggled closer to each other and I carefully wrapped my arms around him, as his head rested on my chest. I started stroking his hair, and we both closed our eyes and relaxed.

"Hey, Soobin?" I then asked after some time.

"Hm?"

"How bad are your bruises?" I asked concerned as I stroked his hair more.

"Most are on my arms and stomach."

"Do they hurt a lot?" I placed my hand on Soobin's and asked him worryingly.

"I'm alright, hyung."

"Do you... mind me taking a look?" I asked.

"Are you trying to see me naked?"

He just had to call me out like that--

"Well- can't deny it-" I said. Of course, he blushed.

"Come on, I just need to see how bad they are. I'm not gonna leave any new ones, I promise."

Not yet, at least.

"You're so naughty, hyung--" Soobin most likely mentally facepalmed.

"Says you," I said and ignored Soobin's comment and lifted his shirt up to look at the bruises on his stomach.

I was terrified. How could someone do this to him??! He winced when I tried to touch the dark mark on his body.

I looked at the other bruises on his arms but quickly covered them back and just plopped both of us on the pillows and started running my hand through Soobin's hair again and he soon fell asleep, holding onto one of my fingers. I smiled softly at how cute he looked. He was wearing my hoodie and I was playing with his soft hair that is now messy while he was clinging onto me.

It wasn't late but I felt sleepy, and I was glad that Soobin was getting his needed sleep as well. I smiled again, and then fell asleep myself.

+×+

3rd person's POV:

That same evening, Taehyun was alone in the pool to relax and forget about the outside world.

He took off his shirt and got into the pool. The water was somewhat warm since it was getting heated when the sun lowers.

He swam a couple of loops around the pool and just as he relaxed, he heard a voice.

"Taehyun?"

The boy's eyes opened to see Beomgyu standing with a towel wrapped around his arm and the other one holding a swim bag.

"BEOMGYU?!" he freaked out and immediately tried covering up his exposed upper body, slightly blushing from embarrassment.

Beomgyu was surprised by the younger's reaction.

"What are you doing here?!" Taehyun asked, still blushing.

"I just come here sometimes..." the older said. "I like when there're no people here since I can have the pool to myself." he continued as he placed his stuff on the ground and was getting in the water.

Once he got in, he noticed Taehyun's blush, and his exposed chest that the younger tried to cover up.

"Oh God, I'm so sorry-!" he exclaimed flustered, as the color was brought up now to his face too. Taehyun relaxed a bit after seeing Beomgyu's reaction. It actually made him smile.

"It's okay, you can open your eyes."

And so, he did.

He got closer to Taehyun and they sat on a ledge of the pool.

"And what are you doing here?"

Taehyun sighed.

"I come here to get away from the real world. It's really calm here and it helps me relax," he explained.

"What happened?" Beomgyu asked though he probably already knew the answer.

Taehyun hesitated for a moment.

"You want to know the reason why I despised you so much?" the boy tried to keep calm. Beomgyu tensed up.

"It's the fakeness of all popular kids."