Chapter 5: Over at Yeonjun's

3rd person's POV:

Soobin was leaving his last class and was on his way to the bus station when someone's sudden tap on the shoulder startled him.

"Soobin-ah!!"

"Yeonjun-hyung, stop scaring me!"

"Aww, a bunny is scared~~" the blonde teased which made Soobin blush.

"B-- Bunny..?" he shyly blurted out.

Yeonjun laughed at the younger's cuteness.

"Oh my God, you're adorable. Hey, wanna walk with me? You're coming over, anyways." Yeonjun asked, quickly changing the topic.

"Sure."

"Oh, do you need to let your parents know or anything?"

"No, no, they.... don't really care." Soobin's expression changed for a mere second before he quickly added: "I mean, as long as I am back before midnight, they're fine!" but Yeonjun already noticed how the younger's expression changed.

+×+

Taehyun arrived home.

"Hi, mom, Beomgyu is coming over, we're gonna work on a project." the redhead said quickly as he was coming to his room, passing by the living room where his mom was cleaning up the furniture.

She was taken aback by the sudden news for a second but didn't say anything. More to that, it was the first time in a while since she had heard a new name coming from Taehyun.

A door knock was heard soon after.

"I'll open!" Taehyun said as he came up to open the door.

"Hey, Taehyun!" Beomgyu smiled and greeted the younger as soon as the door opened, as the mom was peeking at the two from the side.

"Hey. Come in."

"Oh! You must be Taehyun's friend Beomgyu!" the lady greeted the bear boy with a bright dimple smile.

'So that's where he gets his shining dimple smile from.' Beomgyu thought remembering that time when he saw the younger laugh when he was with Soobin.

"Yea--"

"We're just partners for the project." Taehyun interrupted Beomgyu and dragged the older to his room.

"It's nice to meet you!" the lady smiled to brighten up the atmosphere that had gotten dull for a moment.

"You too!" Beomgyu smiled back.

The door then shut close.

"Your mom seems really nice." the taller black-haired boy said.

Taehyun was getting the papers ready to start the project, ignoring the boy the best he could. He looked up at Beomgyu when he heard a compliment come in his mom's address.

"Yeah, she is." he simply answered as he brought books and papers to the floor.

"You have her smile. I mean, when you do smile." Beomgyu got awkward with Taehyun not saying anything.

The two were working on the project. It was so different than when Soobin comes over. Dead silence filled the room. Even music wasn't playing. Only sounds of paper shuffling and pencils writing were heard.

+×+

Soobin's POV:

We haven't even started doing our homework but decided to watch a movie. We were tired of school and just decided to have some time to ourselves.

It wasn't a "movie night" break, we didn't even have any snacks because neither of us felt like leaving to get some from the kitchen, so we were just sitting on a small couch in Yeonjun-hyung's room.

A scene came up where the two characters were having a pillow fight and in the end, one ended up tickling the other one. I could feel Yeonjun-hyung looking at me from the side.

"What-?"

"Are you ticklish?" he asked with a grin.

Oh no.

I was trying to come up with an excuse. But I was thinking for too long, and my silence and a stuttered "uh", already gave him the answer and his grin grew wider, turning into a smirk.

"No, no, hyung, don't-!"

I started backing away as he kept getting closer and closer to me, curling his fingers until he reached me and started tickling me.

"Yah! No! Stop!" I kept laughing. He was too, enjoying seeing me squirming around, suffering under his touch.

I fell to the floor and he followed, now appearing to be on top of me when he decided to finally stop tickling me and let me breathe.

I was looking at him, admiring his gorgeous face that had a satisfied smile on it as he was staring down at me.

"Hot..." I faintly breathed out.

"What-" he blinked, blushing at my words but was still not moving from the spot when we heard a door open.

"Hey, guys, I thought you might--"

Yeonjun's mom.

"Uh... am I interrupting something?" she said, having quite a questioning look on her face as she pointed at us.

"NO!" both of us exclaimed as Yeonjun-hyung got off of me and I lifted my body in a sitting position. Both of our faces were burning up with blush at the embarrassing situation we were in.

Great first impression. Well done, Soobin.

"S-so, mom, you were saying..." Yeonjun blurted out.

"Oh, I just wanted to offer you some tea with cookies but looks like this tea is a LoOOot better~" she smirked at the last part of the sentence making us both turn redder.

"MOM!" hyung exclaimed flustered as his mom burst out laughing.

"Well anyways, if you do want the cookies at some point, they're on the dining table in the kitchen," she said before leaving the room.

"Sorry about my mom." Yeonjun-hyung apologized chuckling to cover up the embarrassment.

I giggled and smiled to reassure him that everything is fine. "It's okay, hyung."

A small awkward silence was stuck between us before I broke it.

"We're not gonna let the cookies go to waste, right?"

"HA, YOU BET WE WON'T!!"