CHAPTER 42

Wen Yuan picked up the phone.

"Have you boarded the plane? How long will it take?" Over there, Qi Jinran also checked the information of the flight from S city on the website, and naturally guessed the flight delay.

"I don't know, I've been waiting for more than two hours, and if it goes on like this, I might not be able to return to Wancheng at night." Wen Yuan frowned.

"It's alright, it really doesn't work. You stay at the hotel at the airport for one night and come back tomorrow." Qi Jinran's voice was gentle.

"But I want to see you today..." Wen Yuan was gloomy.

Qi Jinran laughed, "I can't run, what are you doing in such a hurry?"

"Well, okay, I'll just wait." Hanging up the phone, Wen Yuan leaned back on the seat back, looked at the heavy rain outside the window, and ate a sandwich in a melancholy way.

Originally, he had no hope of returning to Wancheng at night. He didn't expect that half an hour later, the flight display on the electronic screen showed that it had arrived, the announcement on the display board immediately turned green, and the announcement urging them to board the plane sounded.

Wen Yuan jumped up with joy and hurriedly pulled Zhang White to board the plane. They booked the first-class cabin, and the seats were very comfortable. Wen Yuan was tired long ago. As soon as he got on the plane, he put on a blindfold to sleep, and he didn't eat any meals on the plane.

When we arrived in Wancheng, it was already late at night. Wen Yuan originally thought that the weather in Wancheng should be good, but he didn't expect the rain to stop in S City, and the rain here started again, and there was a trend of it getting bigger and bigger. After picking up the luggage and leaving the airport lobby, Wen Yuan remembered that he forgot to ask the Qi family's driver to pick him up. It was not easy to take a taxi here. The two waited for more than ten minutes before a taxi came.

"You are lucky, this is my last order today. It's raining too much and it's late at night. It's hard to run. I don't want to earn this money." The driver said a few words about the hardships of the taxi industry and started again. Complain about the weather today.

"It hasn't rained in Wancheng for a long time. Some time ago, I did a terrible job. This time it's pouring rain, and I don't want money. I'm afraid that I will get up tomorrow and flood my car, like a few years ago..."

"Master, can you concentrate on driving?" Wen Yuan had no intention of chatting with him, and only hoped to return to Shuixieju quickly.

"You're young, what are you urging? Talking doesn't affect my driving. I've been an old driver for more than ten years, and I haven't seen any scenes." The driver held the steering wheel confidently. On the stop gear, he continued to show off his qualifications to Wen Yuan, "I used to drive a big truck, but then I felt too tired, so I changed careers and drove—"

Wen Yuan listened nonchalantly, and his expression changed drastically, "Truck!"

The driver came back to his senses, and when he saw the big truck turning left on the oblique side, driving crookedly towards this side, he instantly realized that something was wrong. He slammed the steering wheel and wanted to turn to the other side, but the big truck had completely lost control, and the huge front of the car slammed into the small taxi with a loud bang, and the window glass shattered.

Before the airbag was deployed, Wen Yuan only felt a sharp pain swept across his forehead. He instantly fainted, and his consciousness fell into complete darkness.

After an unknown period of time, he was woken up by the loud ambulance whistle and the sound of police cars. Wen Yuan reluctantly opened his eyes, there were blood-red spots in his field of vision, and he seemed to hear Zhang White's voice in his ears.