CHAPTER 22

Seeing Peng Qiu's shocked expression, Wen Yuan shook his head and smiled "badly".

"I'm sorry to disappoint you."

Peng Qiu's face paled and he murmured, "He definitely doesn't really like you. You're not worthy of him at all... why..."

I don't deserve it, so you deserve it?

Wen Yuan's face was speechless, too lazy to argue with him, so he turned and left.

Although Peng Qiu was quite cool at the time, when he mentioned Qi Jinran's ex, it still made Wen Yuan feel a little uncomfortable.

Was the matter that Grandpa Qi kept silent about at that time also related to Qi Jinran's ex? What happened then?

Returning to Shuixieju with a heavy heart, he found that the new oven in the kitchen on the third floor was installed. Wen Yuan immediately forgot the previous unpleasantness, and made the strawberry velvet cake and mango puff pastry that he had always wanted to try.

While waiting for the cake embryo to bake, Wen Yuan decided to clean up the old things that were not in use in the kitchen.

"Sister Xue, can I put the old oven in the warehouse in the basement?"

"The basement is a bit damp. There is a utility room on the roof, which can also be used to store things." Xue Rong was preparing lunch for Qi Jinran in the kitchen.

"Well, then I'll put it on it."

Wen Yuan carried the old oven to the fourth floor. There was a small room at the end that was closed. It should be the utility room that Sister Xue said.

When he twisted the door handle, a smell of dust came to his face, Wen Yuan turned on the light, and found that there were large and small cardboard boxes piled up inside, probably all idle old things.

Wen Yuan put the oven in the corner and covered it with a cloth. When he was about to turn to leave, he tripped over the edge of a hard object.

He held on to the corner of the table to stabilize his body. Looking down, it turned out to be a cardboard box sealed with glue. Probably too long had passed, the glue dried and fell off, and the carton lid was flipped up, revealing the objects inside.

Wen Yuan didn't intend to spy on Qi Jinran's privacy, his pupils dilated slightly as soon as the line of sight was cast.

There seems to be a... human figure inside.

Wen Yuan's heart skipped a beat. Driven by great curiosity, he opened the cardboard box and saw what was inside.

It was actually a half-length portrait of Qi Jinran. The frame is extraordinarily exquisite, and the people in the picture are smart and expressive. It is obvious that the painting skills are very superb. Wen Yuan also noticed that there was a black initials sign in the lower right corner of the portrait, NS.

Looking at Qi Jinran's bright and gentle eyes in the portrait, Wen Yuan could easily guess what kind of feelings the author of this picture had for Qi Jinran.

Could it be that this NS is Qi Jinran's predecessor?

Is it because Qi Jinran keeps his paintings here because he still misses him?

Many guesses flashed through Wen Yuan's mind for a while, he didn't dare to think about it any more, put the painting back in the cardboard box, closed the door, and hurried downstairs.

"Xiao Wen, I have prepared Mr. Qi's dinner. It's in the insulation box. Would you like to go to the company to give it to him?"

Wen Yuan didn't hear what Xue Rong was saying, and nodded absently.