Ch 16 trapped part 1

Autor's note:

My second arc :) This one from Gintama, I hope you enjoy it!

Sougo and Kagura - Trapped

Kagura whistled discordantly as she strolled proudly down the city street, head held high, and her umbrella held against her shoulder like a soldier would carry his rifle. This was not surprising, as the umbrella was in fact a powerful gun; the double practicality of an umbrella/weapon worked well for the girl. She twiddled a loose strand of her pinky orange hair. The city wasn't as busy as usual today, it was a Wednesday afternoon, so most people were still at work, and so she was free to walk around enjoying herself. It was not required of Aliens to attend school, so she had endless free time really.

Edo city was large, but Kagura was on the edge of this part of town. She was not that far from the river, and there were shops on one side of her, gritty looking factories and warehouses on the other. The sky was just beginning to yellow. She saw a can at the bottom of the slope that led down to the more industrial side of town. She was a teenager, with the mind of a rather immature child, and therefore felt the urge to kick that can.

Kagura jumped lightly from the rail at the top of the slope and landed neatly in front of the can, which she proceeded to kick with all her might. It bounced off a near by building, and hit a man in the face.

The man was tall, retro, and unhappy about the newly created dent in his cheek. His gang members weren't too happy either. This was bad. This wasn't any old gang, it was the most feared in Edo; and the man that Kagura had just hit, was their leader,

"Hey boss, can we take her out?" One of the men asked,

"Dibbs on the boots," A female member of the gang called out.

"Now guys, we have a reputation to uphold. Honestly. Don't go easy on her just cause she's a girl." The leader announced his decision. The gang all sneered and walked towards Kagura.

"Hey, that's not very nice. You shouldn't pick on girls!" Kagura said annoyed. She pointed her umbrella at them. She shot the first row down, but this made the second row all draw their guns,

"How dare you!" This was not a question. Kagura did her best to dodge their bullets, whilst taking some more of the gang down. She got hit in the shoulder, and in her left shin, but she carried on,

"This is nothing!" She shouted, immersed in the fight. Then she was shot in the ribs. She lost her focus, blinded by the pain. She fell to the ground. She tried to get up, she had to live, and she had to. She got shot in the arm again though. That did it; she immediately fell to the floor. She closed her eyes, waiting for further bullets to sink into her. 'Bye Gin chan, Shinpachi kun, boss, dad' she thought as she heard the guns fire. They did not hit her though.

There was a loud boom, and then the sound of a sword being drawn. She kept her eyes closed, but couldn't block out the sounds men being cut down, and the others retreating. She lay there, waiting; waiting for something to happen. If this new force could drive those men away, it could take her out easily. She heard footsteps. Someone was getting closer and closer.

Kagura tightened her eyelids, and thought of more things to say goodbye to, but the figure had made it to her, and was bending down. Then a teasing voice spoke to her,

"Oi. You got yourself pretty beat up. Well done. Now I won't have to take you out myself."

Kagura blinked. She opened her eyes. She knew this voice. Not very well, but she knew it nonetheless.

"Ah! It's you! You owe me!" She complained to Sougo,

"Huh? I still owe you? I just took out the most feared gang in Edo, and I still owe you? I know you want a beetle fight, but that's a bit harsh." He pouted, annoyed,

"Ah... Well I guess I'll wait for the beetle fight... but you broke my wrist too..."

"Then you broke my leg and took photos."

"Oh yeah... I guess we're even then."

"Right." He jabbed at her, "I think you need to get to a hospital or something, you've got rather a lot of bullet wounds."

"I'll be fine, I heal fast. Don't underestimate me!"

"Okay, but..." Sougo was cut off by a noise behind him. He drew his sword again. They were back, with the rest of the gang. They looked angry,

"Great, I could use some target practice." Sougo stated, then fired at them with his rocket launcher. They ran forward, and though several were taken out with the explosion, the others charged forwards.

Sougo stood in front of Kagura, in an offensive stance, ready to attack,

"Annoying girl, if we get out of this one, you owe me now. You can be my slave for a week."

"Haah? No fair. I'll find you a good beetle or something."

"No way! All the beetles you find suck! You'll be my slave for a week." Sougo decided. He didn't give Kagura the chance to reply, as he ran forward, and started striking down the gang members.

As Kagura lay there, watching, she noticed the leader looking thoughtful. He issued an order,

"Hey guys, you'll only get yourselves cut up if you keep this up. Change of plan. We'll bring 'em back with us and make mince meat of 'em after some fun and games. The gang liked this new plan of action. Some of them put away their weapons. Sougo swung at them, but the ones behind him grabbed him. He kicked and shoved, but he was outnumbered. Kagura couldn't run, so she just lay there helplessly,

"Idiot." She called lazily to Sougo over the noise. Sougo gritted his teeth. Her taunt seemed to give him more motivation. He knocked away some of the gang, but they came back quickly. Some of the others went to get Kagura. They took their weapons, and knocked them out.