𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯

truth be told, the dinner did go pretty well

there weren't any other arguments that night, luckily.
yeonjun was able to retire to his room earlier than he would have expected, yet completely exhausted

[time skip]

"yeonjun-ah, get ready." his mothers shrugged him awake.
"huh?" he sat up confused, blinking away sleepiness.
"it's 6pm though?" he raised an eyebrow, checking the time on his phone.

"exactly! wait— don't tell me you forgot?" she huffed, sitting down on the boys bed.
"forgot what?" he mumbled, still half asleep.
"are you a cat? why do you nap so much?" she questioned, pushing his hair back.

he hummed, "i get asked that a lot actually," he muttered.
"well, anyway, i'm talking about the business dinner! it's in a few hours." his mother reminded.
yeonjun groaned and tried to sink back into the covers, "mom, do i have to go?" he whined.
"yes! everyone's family with be there, even some boys your age." she grinned.
"i didn't go last year, or the year before that or-" he was cut off.

"yah! okay i get it, you've been skipping out, but you can't do that anymore. in fact- people still ask for you." his mother sighed.
"come on, maybe you'll have fun! even make some friends." the woman cheered.

yeonjun gave her an unimpressed look in return.
"jjunie-ah, you won't even have to deal with your father that much! it's a buisness dinner, he'll be speaking with associates the whole time!" she reminded.

"fine," he groaned, "only because you look so excited." he grinned at the woman's smile.

"do i?" she covered her mouth, standing up.
she moved over to the boys mirror and stared at her reflection, "maybe just a bit—" then she scoffed.
"whatever, no i don't! just get up and get ready please," she slapped her own cheeks gently and walked out the room, closing the door behind her.

yeonjun pushed himself out of bed and stretched before making his way over to his shower.

he knew how much his mother liked to dress up and go to these types of events, he would hate to be the one to ruin it for her.

yeonjun played with his long black hair in the mirror, noticing the way it began to flow down the back of his neck.
he decided to wear a sheer black turtleneck under his black button up, not sure of the type of fashion they would be expecting.