𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢

[FLASHBACK]{long chapter, sorry ^^}

[FLASHBACK]
{long chapter, sorry ^^}

it was his second year in highschool, and
soobin had just transferred.

before this, he was known to be a bit of a troublemaker.

he couldn't help it, everything was just so boring.
he needed a way to spice things up, make life interesting enough to continue.
it was always small things
ditching class, getting into fights, disrespecting "authority."

he was known to party a lot, everytime he got invited he couldn't just miss the opportunity.
even if this resulted in a killer headache the next morning.

perhaps what infuriated his teachers so much was how he still never missed an assignment, failed a test, or gotten anything less than a 98%.
"wasted potential," they'd say with a frown, placing graded papers on his desk.

of course soobin didn't care, he was asleep most of class anyway.

that's why a few months into his sophomore year, when his father decided to move into the city, soobin didn't really care.

maybe the busyness of the city would help his overwhelming sense of ennui.

he remembers at this point almost feeling completely empty.
pieces of him were beginning to shatter, and it frustrated soobin a lot because he couldn't figure out why.

he didn't talk to his parents or the few "friends" he had because he felt there was nothing to say.
sometimes beomgyu called to ask how he was feeling, but that was it.

"you'll love it! there's so many things to do, so many people!" his mother rambled, trying to get him excited.

perhaps the move was his parents' idea of trying to help him out of well, whatever this was.

"your mothers right, the house i had built there is beautiful, soobin-ah." his father added with a grin.
soobin just nodded, plastering on a smile in hopes they'd see it and stop trying to talk to him.

he couldn't say exactly what he was expecting when he moved to seoul.
but it was definitely not this.

no, nothing could ever prepare him for when he first laid eyes on choi yeonjun.
it happened when soobin first walked through the gates of his new school.

his uniform felt too tight, his hair grown out too long and bag too heavy.
he told him self to just push through and the day will pass quick.