𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢

⚠️

⚠️

"i really have to go, i have school tomorrow." yeonjun smiled weakly.
"school's more important than me?" soobin pouted.
"don't say that, you know what i mean! plus, your fevers almost gone."
soobin frowned, reaching a hand up to his forehead, "it's still warm!"

the older huffed, "i'm gonna go before i move in, i'll come by after school! i promise~"
the taller sighed and sunk further into his sheets, "fine.." he mumbled.
yeonjun giggled, "bye baby."

the shorter leaned over and pressed a light kiss to soobin's cheek, "call me whenever."
the younger nodded, the medicine he took a few minutes prior beginning to make him sleepy. "love you, jun."

yeonjun blushed, "love you too."

the walk back home was quick, soobin's neighborhood surprisingly close to yeonjun's.
"how come i never noticed those castles.." the boy shook his head.
the dim street lamps were his only source of light, allowing him to just barely see the road in front of him.

he kicked a rock in front of him, letting out a sigh.
he was glad he wouldn't have as much student council work since "transfer season" was over.
he turned one of the final corners to his house and froze when he heard a yell, followed up with loud bark and cry.

"what the.." he mumbled, wondering if he should follow the sound.
he didn't have to think much though, as a small limping figure appeared in front of him from behind a house.

yeonjun gasped, falling to the floor as he stared the dog in front of him.
"shit.. what happened to you?" he frowned, observing the whining creature.
it seemed only his left leg was hurt, but when yeonjun inspected closer he saw the bleeding slash on the side of its ear.

his eyes widened and he quickly took out his phone to call a vet.

"bring the pup in quickly, and try to contact his owners."

the boy ran a hand through his hair and huffed, "you'll be okay. don't worry, they'll fix you." he told the dog quietly, turning the tag around his collar and finding a number.

yeonjun rushed the animal over and quickly called his presumed owners.
they showed up quickly, visible distress on their faces.
"hey, i'm yeonjun." he said walking up to the family.

"they one who called us right? where is he?"
"he's currently being operated, i'm sorry they wouldn't tell me more."
the tallest man nodded, "thank you for everything! we'll repay you."
"don't worry about it! i have to leave though, i have school in the morning."

the woman beside the man frowned, "school? oh dear it's already nearing midnight! my apologies."
yeonjun shook his head, "it's really okay, i hope everything's okay. you can hear what happened from the woman at the desk."

the family nodded and he waved goodbye.

[TIME SKIP]
{12:15 P.M. / lunch}

yeonjun slid his books into his locker with a huff, already tired from school.
he walked over to the cafeteria and spotted his group of friends in the back.
with a small smile, he began to make his way over.

he didn't notice however, the shuffling figure coming from his right.
he bumped right into them, almost falling backwards from the impact.

"i'm so sorry! i wasn't-"

"just fucking watch out next time, choi." a sharp voice cut him off.
soojun.
yeonjun nodded, about to walk away when he heard the boy wince.
the boy paused and glanced back at soojun holding his forearm.
then, when the other boy moved his hand he saw it

claw marks...

"what hap-"

"mind your own buisness!"

the male sped away, leaving a confused yeonjun behind.
"claw marks... from what? is that why he was so mad when i bumped into him?" he thought, finally making his way to the lunch table and sitting down.

"are you okay? we saw you bump into soojun." taehyun asked.
"i'm okay, thank you." the boy smiled, poking a straw into his drink

[TIME SKIP]

the more he thought about soojun, the more suspicious the boy seemed.
yeonjun had few run in's with him, but each time made him think.
'why's he so agressive with me?' he wondered, 'i've never really had a proper conversation with him.'

besides the unexplained hostility, there was odd feeling of familiarity.
'like i've met him befor-'

"jun!" a voice interrupted his thoughts.
yeonjun jumped from where he was sitting, looking over at the person calling him.
"sorry! i spaced out for a second.." he mumbled, getting up and walking closer to the boy laying down.

"what were you thinking about, angel?" soobin frowned, opening his arms for yeonjun to join him.
the boy sighed, crawling into soobin's space. "nothing much."

"don't say that, you've been 'spacing out' a lot recently." the younger pouted.
yeonjun huffed, 'is it that noticeable?'

"it's just- i can't explain it well."
soobin furrowed his eyebrows, "try your best, please. i want to know what's stressing you out so much."

"it's not 'stressing me out,' really! i'm just- confused? yeah. confused."

"confused? about what?" soobin asked, bringing up a hand to softly run through yeonjun's hair.

"that transfer kid, soojun. i've run into him only twice, one of them being when i toured him around school. but.. whenever i see him he's very- off."

"i understand, not everyone's gonna like me, but it's almost like it's targeted. i'm probably overthinking this, right? i shouldn't have asked about the claw marks on his arm, but i can't help but feel like i'm missing something! and i just have the feeling i've met him somewhere, his voice is familiar-" yeonjun stopped to catch his breath, "i'm sorry.."

the taller chuckled, "it's okay! i'm glad you let me know, i was starting to feel worried."
"what did you say his name was?" soobin asked innocently, looking down at the older.

"soojun. kim soojun."

soobin paused his movements, making yeonjun frown.
"bin..?" he looked up at the boy.
soobin quickly resumed petting yeonjun's hair, plastering a smile across his lips.

"there's a lot of 'kim soojun's,' petal."

[A/N]:
sorry for the short chapter <3
+ i'm currently turning in late work and emailing teachers so i'll update when i can (ˊ̱˂˃ˋ̱)