𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢

they never did talk about it, yeonjun found it easy to forget things in the distractedness of the youngers presence

instead, he found other things to worry about, such as his fathers return home.

it wasn't like the man's presence gravely affected the trajectory of yeonjun's life per say- in fact it was the exact opposite.
the man was less of a father figure and more of a distant family relative you wanted to impress when they visited your house.

him and his mother could care less about what the man got himself into during these, "buisness trips."

they just wanted him there.
especially his mother, who despite all the time alone, was never unfaithful to the other.
she waited and waited,
for what? yeonjun didn't know.

he used to despise his father for the way he treated them, his own family.
especially for how he blatantly used yeonjun to further himself and his buisness.

and how yeonjun almost lost his life because of it.

but truly, the more yeonjun thought about it the less he seemed to care at all.
he didn't need him, he was never there for him anyway.

despite the regretful absence, yeonjun and his mother were happy.

he still got that sickly, sinking-feeling whenever the man visited, and that probably wouldn't go away,

but he was moving on, he really was.

it's just- this is the first visit since the accident, the accident he played a key part in despite whether he intended to or not.

either way, yeonjun would do anything to make his mother happy, and he was never good at standing up to the elder man anyway.

so he plastered on a smile and did his part of preparations without complaint.

besides, he would do anything so that the excited look on his mothers face lasted as long as possible.

[time skip]
{thursday}
{6:30 p.m.}

"you look busy," soobin commented as he stepped into yeonjun's room.
clothes were strewn out across the olders bed and around the wooden floors.
the boy himself was sitting in the middle of it all, holding his head in his hands.

"i am," the boy groaned.
the younger laughed and made his way to the other.
"care to explain?" soobin questioned, crouching down next to him.