𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢

[TIMESKIP]{6:23 a

[TIMESKIP]
{6:23 a.m.}

three nights have passed since yeonjun's woken up, yet soobin hasn't gotten a lot of asleep since the older was admitted.
the night of the incident, soobin demanded his hand be taken care of the in the same room, so he didn't have to leave yeonjun's side.

he didn't let his eyes fall shut once until the first night yeonjun regained consciousness.
then, for an hour or two, he felt his body relax and let himself close his eyes,

only to be woken up again by a nightmare.

with a gasp, he had sat up from where he lay on the hosptial bed.
he snapped his neck downwards, letting out a sigh of relief when he realized yeonjun was safe, in his arms.
his eyes watered with tears as he held the boy even tighter, reassuring himself that it was
just a dream.

he didn't sleep for the rest of the night, and when yeonjun awoke he didn't tell him about the dream either.
he didn't want to remember it, so he pushed it away.

the next day, soobin remembers letting himself doze off while yeonjun was playing with his hair.
when he awoke this time, due to yeonjun having a conversation with dr.jeong, 3 hours had passed.

now night three, the worst one so far.
it started off like this;
earlier that day, yeonjun had finally mentioned the dark bags forming under his eyes.

he had brushed it off, saying it was nothing and that it was due to the aches in his hand.
but yeonjun still seemed a bit bothered.

when the sky turned a deep purple hue, the two we're cuddled up next to eachother.
soobin's arm was thrown protectively over yeonjun's waist as the older's
hand once again brushed through his hair.

soobin was tired, he hadn't gotten proper sleep in days.
but he just couldn't.
his mind was constantly racing and it wouldn't slow down enough to let him rest peacefully.

though the hand currently petting his hair seemed tempting.
"is this your way of putting me to sleep?" soobin mumbled, trying to blink the tiredness away.
"is it working?" yeonjun hummed.

soobin didn't respond, only moving their bodies impossibly closer and making himself more comfortable.
with a long exhale, he finally let himself fall into a deep sleep.

soobin was running, breaths coming out in pants as he took off as fast as he could.
"NO!"
the sound of the boys pleads and cries bounced off the maze of brick walls and rung through his head.