Chapter - 41 | Storm On The Way

Start from the beginning

Mimi sat silently in the chair, peering out the near window once more.

She looked out the window at the scenery, but suddenly the thought of "Laddoo" flashed across her mind.

"Laddoo toh mujhchhe abhi tak milne nhi aaye...", she mused.

She cast a curious glance towards the kitchen's door.

She kept looking at the door, blinking her eyes innocently anticipating Laddoo's arrival, but to no avail.

Her face became a little sad, but as a mature and good girl, she made herself understand that he would surely return, even if it was tomorrow.

Shaurya was in his cabin, tired from the three-hour long meeting.

He closed his eyes and massaged his temples when a girl's face flashed across his closed eyes.

"Ohh no !!...", he fluttered his eyes open.

"Maine princess ko promise kiya tha..."

"Main toh bhool hi gaya usse milna..."

He quickly glanced at his watch and saw that it was time to leave the college.

"Kahi vo chali toh nhi gayi hogi ?..."

"Main ek baar check karke aata hoon... Kya pta vo abhi bhi vhi ho...", his heart was filled with a glimmer of hope.

He didn't waste any time and dashed out of his cabin and towards the cafeteria.

When he arrived at the canteen, there was only one person inside. Except for Pammi Aunty, no one else was present.

He was disappointed that he didn't get to meet her.

"Shaurya Sir ?...", Pammi's eyes fell on him.

"Vo..."

"Princess... I mean... Mimi chali gayi ? ...", he inquired, his voice fading.

"Jee Sir..."

"Uski Mumma toh kuch der pehle hi use lekar chali gayi..."

"College ki toh chhuti ho chuki haina... Isiliye..", she said.

"Oh... Okay..."

"Main bhi chalta hoon...", saying so he turned to leave.

Pammi couldn't figure out what was going on.

Was he there just to meet that girl ?

But why ?

Nonetheless, she shrugged off the thoughts and returned her attention to her remaining work.

Shaurya, on the other hand, emerged from the kitchen with a sad expression.

"Vo bechaari bura maan gayi hogi... Main usse milne nhi jaa paaya...", his heart sank as he remembered her sad face.