{Prone To Danger.}

Start from the beginning

I didn't react when a soft purr came from my throat. I wasn't even sure if Rian heard it or not though since he didn't stop kissing me. He kissed down to my throat and I pressed my mouth against his neck on the oppsite side of where the other bite mark was. My mouth opened against his neck and I could feel something beat against my tongue. I felt his warm hot blood flow from his artery under his flesh.

My eyes opened as I growled, wanting to feel that hot blood in my mouth. I looked into the mirror of the room and my eyes weren't brown anymore. They were a piercing silver color. My eyes widen and I quickly moved my mouth from Rian neck. Instead of pulling away, Rian did.

He grunted heavily as he turned and brought his hand up to his neck. Confused, I watched him lean against a drawer for a moment as he groaned. He finally stopped after a moment, “What the hell? Why was my neck just feeling like it was on fire?” He turned to face me but I brought my hand up to my eyes so he wouldn't see them. “Thalia, what's wrong—” he walked over to me but I pushed his hand away and walked passed him. I ran over to the bathroom and locked myself in there.

I went over to the sink as my eyes widen. I stared into the mirror at my silvery eyes with a dark outline of the color. I brought my hands up to my face as my blood turned cold as I quickly thought of my Aunt Hala. Last time I saw her I was ten years old.

I was a curious child with her since I had only seen only once a year for my birthdays. She never came for my dad—her own brother—birthday or Kavan and my mom birthday. It's always been just mine. I remember when she came the last time. She gave me a necklace with a crescent moon charm on it. She put it on me and her eyes shined brightly of silver as she looked down at me. She touched my face saying 'my special niece, never let them bring you down'. My dad overheard her and he got mad. Aunt Hala fought with my parents in another room and I can't remember the converstation. I only remember her begging them to take me with her. They yelled some more before my dad told her to leave and never come back. He took the necklace she gave me and threw it out the window of his van as we left the town we were staying in. I soon realized Jaguar with silver eyes were different then the ones with reddish-yellow eyes. We were more trouble, they knew had to control themselves while in Jaguar skin, broke every rules, and unique.

I think I know why now my Aunt Hala always favored me. It was because I was also a Silver Eyed Jaguar. It runs in my dad side of the family and every once in awhile some of the girls will have silver eyes.

I brought my hands up to my eyes and shook my head. No, this isn't a good thing. My dad always said these kind of Jaguars weren't good. He said that's why Aunt Hala was an outcast because she broke every rule in our world. She never married and never had kids. She rebelled allot as a teenager and left home when sixteen.

Story goes back to when one of the Deity God of our people created us he first used Jaguars—real Jaguars—and gave them the ability to turn into humans to watch over the Aztecs and control them. Put fear in them to remind them of the God. They were the silvered eye Jaguars.

When the God realized the Jaguars were hard to control since they wouldn't do what he asked he turned to the Aztecs and gave them the ability to turn into Jaguars. He was able to possess each of the wolves—saying that's why we black out and no control of ourselves—and he lives through us.

I always believed they were just stories.

My dad told me long ago that our Jaguar blood mixed with the Jaguars that were once human we were barley mostly animals. Only once in awhile there will be a silvered eye Jaguar and it's mostly in the women. They thought since my Aunt Hala was the silver one Jaguar born another won't be born until awhile after she passed.

Rian knocked on the door, “Thalia, are you okay?”

I lowered my hands and looked in the mirror. I blinked my eyes quickly until my silver eyes just turned back to their normal brown color. I ran my fingers across my hair, sighing heavily. I checked myself in the mirror again for a few second just in case and my eyes stayed that way. Now that the time is getting closer my body will be doing many things. It doesn't happen all at once, it comes in steps.