{Sneaking Out.}

I sat up from Rosa's bed and walked over to the window like a zombie. I stared up at the moon, seeing how beautiful it looked tonight. It was an a crescent shape and it felt like I could feel the moonlight beaming on my skin. Was I dreaming or awake? I wasn't sure because I'm sure I couldn't actually run to the moon no matter how badly I wanted to.

“Thalia?” I heard Rosa behind me but I ignored her. Her voice seemed to fade as I opened the jump and put one leg out. I jumped out and last thing I heard from her was a gasp since there nothing to help climb down. I just jumped from the window and landed on all fours on the cold snowy ground.

I knew I was dreaming but it seems so real. I was running towards the woods. I had to get to the moon, it was calling me. It has to be something important.. I was just running, strechting my legs that felt so stiff. I jumped over things that were getting in my way and felt free. I stopped when I saw a squirrel up in a tree and my mouth water up. I ran over to the tree and quickly climbed up to it. The squirrel tried to run away but I was quicker and I grabbed him by his tail.

I was about to lung my teeth into his fur and flesh until I heard something. My head snapped to the right and I saw my parents, Ander, and his parents running over. The squirrel squealed in my hands trying to break free and I was so confused.

“Thalia!” my mom cried up from the bottom of the tree. “Get down here!”

“Mom?” I questioned. I closed my eyes, trying to wake up from this dream since it scared me now.

“You're awake, Thalia.” my dad said, making my eyes snap open and they widen. “I know it felt like a dream but your really awake.”

“N-o, no—no I am dreaming.” I said as I looked at the squirrel in my hands and my stomach growled since I was hungry. My mouth parted as I breathed heavily and I wrapped my hand around his throat. He squealed violently but I ignored the begging. I was hungry and he looked so delicous right now.

“Thalia!” my dad yelled. “Stop it or you're gonna feel very sick in the morning.”

I ignored him. I plunged my teeth into the squirrel skin and ripped it out. The squealing and thrusting stopped as I bit into his flesh more. I could taste the meat on his body and his warm blood flowing into my mouth. The hunger was being filled. I rested my back against the trunk of the tree as I finished my meal before I continued running to the moon. I could still feel the moonlight on me and it wanted me to come to her. I would run for day, weeks, or years until I get to her.

I hadn't realized one of them climbed up the tree until Ander appeared. I jumped, bring my meal closer towards me and I bared my teeth as I growled at him. He held his hand up to show me he means no harm and my instincts of feeling threaten slowly left. He climbed next to me on the branch and just sat there.

“Hungry?” he asked, looking at the half eaten squirrel. He looked up at the sky for a second before looking back at me, “The moon calling you, isn't she?”

My eyes widen and I nodded quickly as I leaned towards him, “You can feel her to?” A bloody hand reached out and grabbed his hand, “Ander, lets go. Lets go to her together. She'll be happy if two Jaguars come. Please say you'll come with me.”

“Okay, I will Thalia.” he said, making me smile. “We have to go down though.”

I started to nod until I remembered our parents were down there. I looked down at them and I knew they would try to stop us. I could let that happen. I quickly got up, “No, we have to go from the trees.” I said, jumping over to the next tree beside the one were on.

“Thalia!” my dad yelled but I ignored him as I jumped from one tree to another. “Young lady get back here!”

“Thalia!” I heard Ander behind me.