Chapter 1 : The Knowing

This is a many authors note before I go on in the book. . .
I just want to tell you all a few things. . . 1. This is my very first time writing a story about werewolves. So PLEASEEE bare with me. 2. Also , forgive me for any mistakes that I make during thr course of this story. 3. I am making it a point now to tell you readers that I am NOT on here for the likes , or the votes. . . . 4. I am here for the comments though. Simply because you all's comments will let me know how well I'm doing while writing this. Also give me a way to interact with you all. The likes and the votes makes me feel happy though. 5. I will NEVER be one of them writers where I make you alleet a goal just for an upload. And that is a PINKY PROMISE :) . . . . 6. I will be updating every 2-3 days. . Be free to comment , like , and vote . . . THANKSSS :)
★- Bianca

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

" Laylah honey , Come into the family room for a minute. Me and your father has to talk to you." Mom and dad called me down from my room.

When I got there the look on their faces told me that something was seriously wrong. Especially when I seen that the whole house was there.

" Mom , Dad whats going on ? Why are we all meeting in the living room ? " I questioned getting worried.
" Honey sit down. Your father and I have something important to talk to you about."
" Oh My God . . . You gize are getting a divorce huh ? Oh heck nahh . . .whatevers happened. Ya'll can work this out."
" What ? Lah Lah we are NOT getting a divorce. Now sit down and listen" my dad said to me.
" Good cause I was fittna have a heart attack."
" You still might once you hear this" my sister Kamille whispered.
I ignored her.
" Laylah we called this family meeting to discuss a few things. One being your behavior lately." My dad said.
" What behavior ? " I said getting defensive.
" For the past month its been getting harder and harder for you to control your attitude. Especially since its gotten closer to your birthday. And it isn't your fault. Its ours . We should've prepared you. " my dad continued.
" Prepared me for what ? "
" You're a werewolf ! " my mom said quickly.
" Excuse me , I'm a what ? "
" A werewolf " my dad repeated my mother.
" How is this possible ? Why have you been waiting so long to tell me? I can't be a werewolf. " I started rambling on.
" You are , and so are we . " my mother said.
" Me , you , dad , Kahlil , Jordan , and Amber ? " I said.
" Yes. All werewolves. " my sister said.
" What the Fudgy Buddies. . . "
" I know sis thats what I said when I found out last year. . . ." My sister Amber said.
" Why is it that everyone knew before me ? "
" We let you all know some time before your 18th birthday . . . Because on the night of your birthday you will be able to shift and contact your inner wolf. . . There are some things that we must talk to you about. Being as though this is going to happen in 2 days and this conversation will be strictly between me , you and your sister of you wan't her there. " my mother said.
" Whatever. Its fine I suppose. " I mumbled.

I got up and walked up the steps to my bedroom and sat on my bed and after a minute my mother and sister followed.

" I understand that you may be upset with us for keeping this from you. . . Don't be mad at your brothers and sister , we made them agree to not say anything. . . . And us not telling you was a way to protect you. . If we told you there could be many risks. Such as you shifting before your time. Your anger over taking you. And most of all you could've killed someone . . . Before I get into the deep stuff I'll tell you that we are moving . . We are moving to our pack grounds this will help you adjust to this new lifestyle. . . " my mother said.
" Yes ma'am " I said
" You're taking this very well , for someone who just found out they're a werewolf. " Amber said laughing.
" I'm dope like that. " I said releasing a small giggle.
" Ok you two. Lets talk about Mates ! " my mother said clapping her hands together getting excited.
" Mates ? "
" Yes mates. The moon goddess gives every werewolf a mate . . . Look at them as a soul mate. . But the bond is much deeper than that. There will never come a day that you wouldn't want to be with him. He will become something like your lifeline. Once you meet your mate you will both become inseperable. You'll probably end up living in his pack house with him. You'll meet your mate on your 18th birthday. And you'll know who he is because he can smell you and you him. Your dad is my mate , Julian is your sisters mate , and Ashley is Jordan's mate. Kahlil still hasn't found his but I believe that he hasn't found her because she isn't 18 yet. He's only 19 so it should all be ok. Do you need clarification on anything I just said ? " my mother asked. My oldest brother Jordan is 21 , Amber is 20 , Khalil is 19 and I'm turning 18.
" No ma'am , go on " I said.
I have to admitt , I'm kinda excited about being a werewolf.
" Ok. Now on to the next topic dealing with mates. When you meet your mate, he will want to mark you. And by mark you i mean this , " she pushed her hair up into a makeshift ponytail and showed me this mark on her neck that looked like vampire or something bit her..
" This is my mark. When I consented to become your fathers mate he marked me sinking his canines into this spot where every female mate has been bitten. This is to let any unmated werewolve whom you belong to. For lack of better words." She continued.
" So every female werewolf whos found her mate and agrees to it has been marked ? "
" Yes " my mother nodded .
" I'm marked and so is Ashley. " Amber said showing me her mark.
" Ok. I get the marked stuff. Is there anything else that I need to know. " I asked. My mother winced.
" There is one other thing." My sister mumbled.
" HEAT ! " My mother said.
" Heat , what is heat ? "
" It occurs after you've found your mate . I mean its normal to wan't to be with your mate intimately but heat is far worse than just a regual need. Heat occurs every full moon. When your desire for your mate is unbearable. All you'll want to do is be with him. Now I must warn you that if you don't let him mark you and mate to him sexual wise it will get worse with each time you experience heat. And it hurts like HELL! It'll burn there will feel like fire in the pit of your stomach. Now as your mother , and a woman I do not want you to just let him mark you and mate to him without him putting in any effort. . . Make him work for it. And this man will love you. More than anytjing in the world and he will go to great lenghts to protect you. The sun will rise and set with you for him. And in reverse. There will be no one else better for you or him." My mom said.

" And another thing. Youmust be home by 11 pm tomorrow. Because not long after that you will shift and we will be here to help you through it. " my mom told me.
" Ok mom. "
" Oh and remember when your best friend Jayd had to move away ? " my sister asked.
" Duhh Ambee , that was one of the worst times of my life. " I said to my sister calling her by the name I've called her since I was able to talk.
" Well we're moving across the street from her and seeing as though your birthdays are on the same day , you'll be shifting together witch means a lifetime of friendship." She replied

Jayd has been my bestfriend since our baby years. One day she came to visit me telling me that she had to move and she didn't know why. That was 1 year ago. We've remained bestfriends and I'm super excitedthat we're going to be living across the street from each other.

" Well we'll leave you to call her." My mom said and left my room.
" I'm here for you whenever you need to talk" my sister said leaving my room.
I reached for my phone to call Jayd.
She answered on the first ring.

" LAH LAHHHH " she yelled in my ear. I already knew what she was excited about.
"JAYYYYYYYY , omg . . . I can't were going to be living so close to each other . I've missed you sooo much . "
" Hell girl I'm still stuck on the fact that I'm a werewolf. But I'm excited about that too. . . We have to go shopping as soon as you get here. . . Theres sooo many cute boys here. #TEAMOHIO " Jayd yelled in my ear. .
" Ok madam hypeness. " I said laughing.
" What makes this even better is that we will go through this together. " Jay said.
" I know , I know. " I agreed with her. . . We talked on the phone the rest of the night as I packed up my room for the big move.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

" Laylah , do you have everything ? The movers are set to leave. Come be sure all of your things is in it rightful space before you go see Jayd. . When you come back your room must be unpacked. Understand ? "
" Yeah dad , dont fret . " I said waving him off.

After I do what he asks I head over to Jayd's house.

When I got across the street Mr. And Mrs. Chambers answered the door.

" Hey Lah Lah , we are soo happy to see you. Now Jayd can stop complaining " Mr. Chambers , Jayd's dad joke.
" Oh hush Jeremy , she wasn't that bad." Mrs. Chambers said laughing cause me to giggle.
" Its nice to see you both too . . Is Jayd in " I asked them.
" Of course , we had to stop her from coming over there. We had to make her wait until you all were settled." Mrs. Chambers said.
" My parents said you all are welcome over anytime. "
" Why of course we can, your father and I go wayyy back." Mr. Chambers.
" Say what now ? " I said looking confused.
" Your parents will explain this all another time. But right now you should go up and see Jayd" Mrs. Chambers said.
" Yes Ma'am " I walked past her and up the steps and found a door with the letters ' J.A.Y.D ' instead of knocking on the door I just walked in and found Jayd getting dressed. She screamed and looked at me.
" Bitch , you scared me. " she said putting her hand on her chest.
" Girl , RELAX . . . " I told her. She finished getting dressed then ran over to hug me. . .
" LAH , I missed you sooo much. I can't wait until we go shopping tomorrow. But right now we're going to your house so that we can unpack. "
" Ok. We can do that . . But quick question , do you know how our parents know each other ? . " I asked her.
She gasped. " Whaat ? No I don't know. "
" What I want to know is what else our parents have been lying to us about . This shit is crazy. . First I find out I'm a werewolf , then my brothers and sister amd now you and your parents. What the hell. " I said.
" Yeah girl but lets go."

We went to my house to unpack my room and have a sleep over. I had to admit it felt good to have my bestfriend back.