sixty-two

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬HURT

"HE GETS TO KISS ME, HE'S LUCKY ENOUGH

"HE GETS TO KISS ME, HE'S LUCKY ENOUGH."

 TW! none 

◦✿◦⸺THERE WAS ONE MORE quarter final match and it was an interesting one. Cobra Kai versus Cobra Kai. It was Kenny against Robby. That's what Sam and Caspia wanted to have happen, but this at least knocked one of the Cobra Kais out. Caspia hadn't been watching almost any of Robby's fights. Even if Caspia didn't like him and was uncomfortable around him, she hated seeing him fight. It reminded her of when he was in jail and that was one of the hardest things for her to see.

Robby saw Caspia walk out of the main room and back to where the change rooms are. Eli said he'd come get her when Robby was done fighting. Obviously Eli and Robby don't like each other for a multitude of reasons, Caspia being the main one, but Eli knew she still somewhat cared about him.

Robby's fight had finished and Caspia was sitting just outside the change room when Miguel came around the corner. He sent her a smile and Caspia got to her feet. "I thought Eli was coming to get me."

"He was, but I came instead." Caspia nodded her head in understanding. The two started slowly walking back so they'd have enough time to talk. "I know you're going against Eli, and don't tell him I said this, but I'm rooting for you."

"Really?"

"Hey, he get's to kiss me. He's lucky enough." Miguel laughed and Caspia did too. "Well, thanks. It feels weird going against him."

"I bet, I mean, he's one of your best friends. But feel lucky that we're in separate divisions because I would kick your ass."

"I don't know, I've gotten pretty good." Caspia smiled and shook her head. Quite honestly, Miguel probably could beat Caspia in a tournament. They're both getting similar in skill level. They got back to the main are and Caspia pulled Miguel into a hug before he went back to Johnny. He hugged her back as Caspia said, "Good luck."

"Thanks, Cassy." They pulled away and did their little handshake before Miguel headed back to Eagle Fang. Caspia saw Daniel stop Miguel and talk to him a little. It didn't look bad or anything, it was more encouraging.

Caspia walked over to Eli who was stretching before his match. "Hey."

Eli stopped stretching and kissed her forehead when she was close enough. "You ready?"

"Yeah. I feel weird fighting Miguel."

"Well, at least you know it'll be a clean fight. And I'm sure neither of you will be too upset since even if we're separate dojos, we're still working together." Eli pulled her into a little side hug before walking up onto the mat. Him and Miguel met in the middle where they did a small handshake, showing that they weren't going to fight dirty.

They bowed to the referee then to each other before taking fighting positions. When the referee said they could fight, they were a little hesitant, but Miguel struck first. He tried to punch Eli, but he ducked underneath it. Miguel then spun around and tried to hit Eli again, but he blocked it this time. Miguel kept throwing punches and elbows, but Eli kept blocking them. They both jumped up and tried to kick each other at the same time, but they also hit both his their knees away. They landed back on the ground a bit apart, so Eli flinched forward and Miguel did the same. Eli was the one to strike first, but Miguel was able to block his blows and even kicked up and kicking Eli to the ground, but he had sort of blocked it so it was no point.

Eli quickly got back to his feet, but as soon as he did, Miguel spun in the air, ready to do a kick none of them had seen in a while, but as he was in mid air, his back cracked and he fell to the ground. He yelled out in pain and Johnny hurried onto the mat. Caspia's hand flew over her mouth and she immediately started to tear up. Eli kneeled down next to him, but Johnny quickly ushered him away so Eli wouldn't be in the way. Eli went back to Miyagi-Do as the medic told him.

They brought out a stretcher and moved Miguel to the medical room. Robby was fighting again which is what they were going to have happen in the mean time, so Miguel could recover. Caspia had gone with them into the medical room since she didn't want to see Robby fight, but she was more worried about Miguel.

He was doing a little better. The medic had a look at his back and she knew what was wrong. "Good news. It looks like it's just a pulled muscle. It may ache, but you'll be fine." Caspia let out a breath of relief from the chair she was sitting in.

"So does that mean I can keep fighting?" Miguel asked calmly but eagerly. "They've given you thirty minutes to recover. So let the pain guide you. If it's telling you to sit this one out, I'd listen. I'll get you an ice pack." The medic left to go get the ice pack and as soon as she did, Miguel's family was eager to know if he was okay.

"How's it feel?"

"Not bad. Just a little sore."

"Miggy, you don't have to continue."

"Don't worry, mom. If something feels off, I won't fight." Sensei Lawrence was also in the room, but he was standing next to Caspia who was seated since this was more of a family moment. Miguel's grandma gave him some words of encouragement in Spanish that Caspia couldn't quite make out. She only knew a bit of Spanish.

Miguel's mom and grandma left the room so Johnny and Caspia could speak with him. Johnny walked over to Miguel and had a few words of encouragement himself. "Alright, we've got half an hour. Show your back who's boss."

Johnny went back out to the main room and it was just Miguel and Caspia. She got up from her seat and stood in front of him. "I have to go do my match to get to the finals, but I'll come back after."

Miguel nodded his head. "Are you okay?"

Miguel nodded his head again. "Just promise you'll come back."

"Promise." Caspia held out her pinky and Miguel interlocked his, making a pinky promise. Caspia walked to the door and just before she left the room, Miguel called out, "Good luck, Cassy!"

"Thank you!" Caspia called back before closing the door. She headed back to the main room where she joined Miyagi-Do. Eli immediately asked, "Is Miguel okay?"

"He just pulled a muscle, but he needs to see if he'll be able to fight. He just needs time." Eli nodded, obviously nervous for his friend. He was worried that he somehow hurt Miguel, but it wasn't his fault. It wasn't Miguel's fault. He had practiced it and mastered it, but it was just his dumb luck.

Caspia was lucky that she wasn't going against a Cobra Kai. Although the girl she was against was pretty good. Caspia walked onto the mat and stood in the middle with the girl. They bowed to the referee then to each other. They got into fighting positions and when they got the go ahead, Caspia striked first. She threw punches and kicks at the girl, to which she blocked, but Caspia was able to spin around and elbow her in the jaw which landed her a point.

The two went back to the middle and got back into fighting positions. This time, the other girl striked first. She started throwing different kicks and punches to which Caspia blocked. The girl side kicked Caspia, but she had her arms in front of her chest. Caspia was knocked onto her back, but she kicked back up and Caspia spin kicked her, gaining another point.

They went back to the middle once again and got into fighting positions. Caspia only needed one more point to win and get to finals. The girl tried to attack Caspia first, but Caspia wanted it over with. She jumped up and spin kicked. She hit the girl in the chest and she fell on her back. Caspia punched her stomach, getting the point and winning the match.

Now to be the All Valley Champion, Caspia just had to beat Tory.

◦✿◦⸺⸺⸺⸺◦✿◦