thirty-six

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬AWAKE

"I'M NOT ALLOWED TO HUG YOU AND I HATE IT

"I'M NOT ALLOWED TO HUG YOU AND I HATE IT."

 TW! none 

◦✿◦⸺CASPIA'S LEG HAD NOT gotten any better and neither did her mental health. Caspia had to stay in the hospital for two weeks because of her knee and how much worse it had gotten. They kept having tests done on her knee and she wasn't pumped about it. Caspia found out about Hawk's true colours and refused to see him, her dad being in town was still stressing her out, Robby had run away and no one knew where he was which stressed her out, Miguel being in a coma was stressing her out and her hospital bills were stressing her out. If she had to sum up how she felt, pretty stressed.

Caspia's wrist wasn't that badly dislocated, so they took the split off, but she had to wear a medical bandage around her wrist just to make sure she couldn't bend it too far. Caspia still had her metal knee brace on and she was still limping. She was going to get out of the hospital tomorrow, but she was refusing to leave. No one had ever seen Caspia this stubborn before and July was genuinely concerned.

Hawk had tried multiple times to text her over the last two weeks, he tried to show up at the hospital, but Caspia had blocked him on everything, taken down every picture she had of the two together on her social media and July wouldn't let Hawk see her in the hospital.

Caspia was sitting in the chair in Miguel's hospital room. She kept her focus on Miguel who's head was in a medical halo and he had a breathing tube up his nose. Caspia's good leg was bouncing up and down out of nervousness when Carmen suddenly walked in with a water bottle and Caspia's pills. Ya-ya and Carmen had been looking after Caspia since July had to pick up extra shifts for more money. Carmen couldn't help but sigh when she saw the look on Caspia's face. Carmen handed her her pills and the water bottle. Caspia took one of her pills for her anxiety and stress and swallowed it while taking a swing from her water bottle.

"Are you okay, hun?" Caspia handed Carmen back the pills, but Carmen let her keep the water. Caspia didn't say a word, she just kept her gaze on Miguel with tears threatening to fall. Carmen sighed again and left the room. Caspia hadn't spoken in two weeks. She was really scared that she was going to say something she'd regret because she had been filled with anger for so long. Most nights she cried herself to sleep, worrying about everyone but herself, she had been given a deck of cards since July told the doctors Caspia had an issue with her fists when she got angry, so she used the deck of cards when she felt her clenching her fists. Caspia had actually gotten pretty good at throwing cards and shuffling since she got stressed a lot.

Caspia was fiddling with a playing card when suddenly she pulled forward her chair and sat right by Miguel's bed. "Please wake up."

That was the first thing Caspia said in two weeks. "You can't leave me here."

Tears started to fall down Caspia's face. "Miguel, I don't know what I did, but why are you torturing me like this? I can't live without you, you're my brother. You can fight this, you can get through it, just please, please wake up."

Miguel didn't do anything, well, he is in a coma, but for some reason, it hit Caspia's heart. Caspia wiped her tears away with her sweater sleeve. Caspia got up from her chair and limped out of the room to go back to hers and get ready for bed. Caspia had been sleeping in the chair in Miguel's room and she had been asked to leave a lot, but July explained the two's relationship and they came to the conclusion that she could give him the right motivation to wake up. Apparently him hearing her voice and her motivating him could help Miguel get out of a coma.

After Caspia had gotten ready, she limped back to Miguel's room to find Johnny there. Caspia immediately took a card out of her sweater pocket and began fiddling with it with her good hand. She then lightly pushed Johnny's back with her bad hand and he turned around to be met with an angry Caspia.

"Look, I-" He cut himself off when he saw Caspia pointing towards the door. He sighed and walked out of the room and Caspia slammed the door once he was out. Caspia turned off the lights and sat back down in the chair. After a while, Caspia fell into a deep sleep, but one thing was certain. Miguel knew she was there.

.⭒•.☆  ☆.•⭒.

Caspia was suddenly woken up by a doctor tapping her shoulder. She looked up and there were doctors rushing into the room and there was a loud beeping sound. "Caspia, you need to leave the room for a few minutes."

The doctor said as she lead Caspia out of the room. More doctors started rushing in and Caspia stayed out in the hallway. She was starting to have deja vu. Last time she was pulled out of a hospital room and doctors started rushing in was when her mom died.

Caspia's breathing started speeding up and her heart felt like it was going to beat out her chest. A panic attack started coming on as tears fell down her face and she put her hand over her mouth. Caspia backed up against the wall and fell into the chair in the hallway. Caspia couldn't calm herself down and July even showed up and put her hand on Caspia's arm, but she was still hyperventilating. "Cassy, it'll be okay. Just breathe. He's going to be okay. He'll be fine."

Suddenly, a lot of the chaos stopped and one of the doctors came out of the room and gave Caspia a sweet smile. "He's awake."

Caspia sprung to her feet. It hurt her knee, but she didn't care. "Can I talk to him?"

July looked up at her in shock considering she hadn't heard her niece's voice in a while. "You can, but no hugging or anything. He needs a bit of space."

Caspia immediately limped in the room and saw Miguel in the same place, but his eyes were open.

"Holy shit! Don't scare me like that!" Caspia immediately said. She stood next to his bed and his voice was a little raspy. "Nice to see you too."

Caspia smiled and he smiled back. "I'm not allowed to hug you and I hate it."

Miguel let out a small laugh. Miguel then noticed her red eyes and stained cheeks. "Were you crying?"

Caspia nodded her head. "I thought I lost you."

"I wouldn't give up that easy." Caspia smiled and suddenly one of the nurses came in. "Caspia, we have to run a few tests, but I can come back and get you when he's ready."

Caspia nodded her head. "Bye, Miggy."

"Bye, Cassy." Caspia walked back out of the room and July had an expectant look on her face. Caspia knew what she was silently asking, so she nodded her head and July pulled her into a hug. Caspia was just happy that one of her stress factors was gone because Miguel was okay. Obviously Caspia was happy Miguel was fine, but another part of her brain was glad that she could get rid of her pills faster.

◦✿◦⸺⸺⸺⸺◦✿◦