14.

FLIPPING THE SCRIPT.▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

❝ you could be at home playing your icomputers

❝ you could be at home playing your icomputers. ❞

TW! harsh language

        AFTER SCHOOL, THEY HAD karate again. There was a lot less kids since Johnny scared them off, but Eli was still there. Caspia had a talk with Johnny prior to the class starting and she didn't go into full detail, but she basically just said that she was having a rough day and she might take it easier for the next few days. There was a huge pile of kids in the dojo. Aisha was talking to someone while Caspia was practicing punches with Miguel. Johnny then came into the room and Caspia and Miguel faced front.

"Okay, everybody fall in." Everyone did as they were told. Johnny noticed that there was a huge absence of kids. "Where's everyone? Crater face? Nose ring? Slingshot?"

"They quit, sensei."

"You serious?" Caspia and Miguel nodded. Johnny came up with a half ass excuse on the spot. "I mean, good. That was a test. I wanted to see who the quitters are. Not you guys, you're in it to win it. Right? You could be at home, playing your iComputers."

Caspia sighed at Johnny's horrible attempt to be tech savvy. "Playing your video games, eating candy. Instead you're here, doing push-ups, learning how to fight. Lip. Look."

Johnny pointed at Eli. Caspia looked at the ground and sighed. She seriously hated that nickname. "Even Lip's tougher than those guys. He's no quitter."

"Sensei-" Caspia had mustered up the courage to tell Johnny to fuck off, but she got cut off by Eli, surprisingly sticking up for himself. "Could you please not call me that?"

"Excuse me, what?"

"I said could you please not call me that?" Caspia knew that Johnny was going to snap in some way, so she tried to defuse the situation. "Sensei, I can warm everyone up-"

"No, no, no. Lip has something he wants to say. Sorry, speak up, Lip. Or is your tongue messed up too?"

"Sensei-"

"Are you one of those challenged kids?" Eli spoke for himself again. "Um, the doctor said I could be on the spectrum."

"I don't know what that is, but get off it pronto. Alright? If you don't want me to call you Lip, then don't have a weird lip. Can't you get surgery for that?"

"I was born with a cleft lip." Johnny was really pushing it. Caspia could see the shame and pain in Eli's eyes and she very much wanted to roundhouse Johnny to a different country at the moment. "This is the scar from the surgery."

"You mean it was worse before that? Or did the doctor just screw up? Because if this is the after photo, that sucks, man. You should sue." Caspia rubbed her forehead in frustration. "Can we just please change the topic?"