Chapter 19 - The Sad News

🚨Warning: this chapter contains sad themes like miscarriage so please be warned🚨

(London - 1923)

The patrons of Anna's burst into thunderous applause as Anna and Omika laugh happily, sharing a side hug as they do after they have just finished their duet.

"Blow them away" Anna whispers to the other woman with a large smile.

"Thanks boss" Omika says with a nod as Anna made her way down the stairs as Jack helped her down while the patrons continued to clap happily

"Outstanding performance, Anna! Fuckin' smashin'!" he praises as always as she offers him a look of gratitude at this.

"Thanks Jackie" she says with a wink as the clapping starts to decrease as Omika started her next song. A slower number but just as exciting as her other performances.

"You have some people here to see ya" Jack teases with a grin as he gestured to the table where Tommy sat with his brothers.

Finn, Michael and Isiah also wanted to join them but Tommy refused, citing that things in London with Sabini were still a little tense and he didn't want them mixed up in all of that, which Finn complained was unfair but either way there was nothing that he could do about it.

Anna makes her way to the table where the Shelbys sat, greeting some of the familiar patrons along the way as she did and promising to catch up with them as she approached the table where the Shelbys sat.

"Anna!" Arthur speaks up when she drew closer. "Bloody fantastic, the both'a ya were bloody amazin'!" he praises her and Omika as she laughs at this as she hugged him in gratitude.

She's happy to rekindled her friendship with Arthur. He was like the brother that she never had.

"Anna, you've gotta com' down to the Garrison and perform for us too" John whines to her, "you can't keep your voice hidden away only for these wankers" he says, gesturing to all the people in her club.

"I might just consider it, John boy" she says with a teasing smirk as she sinks into the seat beside Tommy.

"I should bring Linda 'ere" Arthur says, "she'd fookin' love that wouldn't she" he adds as Tommy scowls a bit at the mention of Arthur's girlfriend. Anna fixes him with a quick look of warning at this.

"I'm sure she would Arth" Anna says, encouraging him. None of the Shelbys seemed to like Linda much.

Tommy disliked the influence that she had over Arthur even though Anna called him hypocritical for judging Arthur's choice in partner when people judge them for being together considering she is a divorcée.