Chapter 7 (S2, E4) - The Confession (Mature!🔞)

A/N: Above is a GIF of Dashwood Manor.

🚨Warning this chapter contains smut so skip it if you aren't comfortable reading it. I repeat SKIP it if it makes you uncomfortable🚨

Anna stood near Jack as they watched the club goers dancing the night away. Anna had been true to her end of the deal with Alfie and was now serving his 'bread' in her club and Alfie had sent men to maintain the peace in her club whilst simultaneously making sure that none of Sabini's known associates got anywhere near her and her family.

"Mrs. Locksley" one of Alfie's men comments as he made his way, "we've just received word that the Peaky Blinders have taken over Eden Club" he informs her as Jack's mouth drops open at this while Anna's own eyes widen in shock at this.

"And just who was the fore man of this....takeover?" Anna asks him.

"Arthur Shelby" he replies as Anna sighs heavily at this as she turned away from Jack to go to her office.

Anna might not have inside knowledge about Tommy's plans but she has no doubt that this is yet another one of his plans to take over Sabini's empire.

"Fucking Thomas Shelby!" Anna grumbles out angrily as she makes her way into her office.

⚜️Love Is A Battlefield⚜️

"Ada!" Anna shouts as she walks into her friend's house. "I'm here! What's the emergency?!" she asks in concern as she makes her way into Ada's living room only to stop short when she sees Tommy there as both siblings turn to face her.

"Anna, I'm sorry" Ada says apologetically as Anna's frowns at the sight of Tommy. Ada asked Anna to come to her house immediately, citing an emergency.

"It's fine, Ada" Anna says. She has no doubt that Tommy was the one who made Ada convince her to come all the way down. "This had better be damn good, Thomas Shelby" she says as she goes to grab a seat across from them.

"I'm going to go make some tea" Ada says as she rises from her seat but none of them are oblivious to the fact that she was actually giving Anna and Tommy some privacy under the guise of making the tea.

"So you've sent Arthur down here to be your watchdog then have you?" Anna asks him angrily.

"I needed someone down here to keep an eye on things" Tommy retorts.

"No, what you wanted was to strike fear into the hearts of the masses" Anna corrects him, "I can't believe that you're using your own brother as a pawn like this" she states, "you're profiting off of his pain" she states.

Anna had heard a lot about how Arthur was spiraling downwards through the use of drugs, alcohol and prostitutes.

"So you've been keeping tabs on us then have you?" Tommy asks coolly, "because you know us so well" he adds mockingly as he takes a drag out of his cigarette.

"I do know you well" Anna retorts in her defense. "And that's something we both know. I see you for who you truly are, remember" she states firmly as Tommy takes a drag of his cigarette as they had a stare-down.

She's right and they both know it. Anna knows things about him and his family that no other person does. She was knee deep in Shelby business, even when she didn't want to be.

"Just say what you want to say so that I can leave Tommy" she says irritably as she looked away from him with a sigh, watching the rainfall through the window.

"Eager to get back to your club then, eh?" he asks her as he stubs out his cigarette, "tell me something Mrs. Locksley, where exactly is the mister these days?" he asks her as she hops out of her seat in order to leave only for him to stop her by grabbing her wrist. "Wait, Anna. Wait. Don't leave" he says to her as Anna sighs heavily at this.