Chapter 20 (S3, E1) - The Wedding

A/N: The last chapter was heavy so here's a lighter one for you guys. Please provide constructive feedback if possible as it helps me become a better writer. Thanks and enjoy✌️

(1924 - Warwickshire)
"Well come on then, Anna, everyone's bloody waitin!" Ada urges Anna as the other woman laughs amusedly at this as she touched up her hair and powdered her nose as she looked at herself in her wedding dress.

Technically she's forbidden from wearing a white wedding dress since she's a divorcée and so she opted for a cream dress complete with gorgeous cream coloured T-strap heels.

Anna's hair was pulled into a tight chignon bun while some tendrils of her curls fell into her face in loose tendrils and Anna is more than happy with how her hair and outfit had come together.

Alice, Claire and Ada had gone above and beyond.

"Have I told you that you look gorgeous?" Ada asks her with a smile as Anna laughs at this as she exhaled nervously as she grabbed her bouquet.

"Only about a hundred times so far" Anna teases her as they share a laugh at this as they headed to the main area of the church.

⚜️Love Is A Battlefield⚜️

Tommy stood at the fore of the church, with Jeremiah dressed in his ceremonial best as they waited for Anna to arrive.

Beside Tommy stood Arthur and John, both of them also dressed quite sharply with Alice and Claire standing across from them also dressed in light blue dresses as they waited for Anna to arrive.

Tommy's stomach churns when the doors open and close as Ada steps in, smiling widely as she made her way down the aisle and toward the front where the two other bridesmaids stood.

Unlike Alice and Claire Ada didn't have a partner and she didn't care about that at all.

"Mommy" Karl waves to her as she waves back with a smile as she made her way past their family who sat in the pews to the right where Tommy stood while Anna's family and friends sat on the left.

Nancy was seated beside Polly as she asked her about anything and everything that she set her eyes on, including who the other people on the other side of the room were.

Polly tried to explain to her that they were Anna's family but she didn't believe her. Mostly because she'd never seen these people in all her 3 years of life.

Ada gives Tommy a thumbs up as she gives him a cheeky grin as the doors finally open as everyone who was seated inside rises from their seats as everyone finally catches a glimpse of Anna.

Tommy's eyes widen a fraction of an inch in surprise and he almost does a spit-take as she stood beside her stern faced grandfather. Tommy's heart lurches at the sight of her and he felt like he could actually hear his heart racing madly when he caught sight of her.

She looked - for the lack of a better word - divinely breathtaking and she wore a happy and content smile on her face. She wasn't allowed to wear white since she's a divorcée but she and Ada found a wonderful alternative to that as she wore a cream coloured dress instead and her dress looked amazing on her.