Chapter 06 - Tears, Softness and Protection

Start from the beginning

"S-sting-kun... g-gomen... I didn't mean for you to bring it up..." I sniffled onto his back.

He slowly shook his head and slightly turned his head to face me over his shoulder. "N-no... It's fine, I wanted to tell you about it anyways. It was all in the past... so there's nothing more I can do" he murmured. I hugged him tightly and sighed.

"It's...it's not okay!" I cried. Sting was surprised. He clenched his jaw as his hands on my arms, slightly tightened.

"To be honest... I think that Weisslogia-san just wanted to see how you've improved with your abilities and wanted to prove that you were his only son. He was proud and a caring father who loved you as his own. Maybe he had reasons as to why he wanted you to... finish him. Because for him to ask you to kill him out of the blue, doesn't make any sense... I don't know what else to say... but I want you to know that I am here for you and I want you to share your pain with me. I don't want to see you like this, it pains me a lot and I can't bear with it. Even Lector wouldn't like to see you in pain" I said softly while sniffing.

Sting dropped his hands from my arms causing me to let go of him and he turned around to face me. He looked to the side with tears and blushed. In one swift motion, my chin was suddenly on something soft and warm. I looked over to my left to see blond spiky hair, it was Sting hugging me.

"A-arigato... Cee-chan. That means a lot to me and I am glad that you care about me. You and Lector. I am truly happy with the two of you in my life", he mumbled and hugged me tightly. Now this caused me to blush. I slowly lifted my arms and hugged him back.

As I was about to speak, Sting interrupted to what I was about to say.

"Cee-chan. I have never really thought about it that way... I mean the way on how you told me about Weisslogia to kill him. Maybe he had reasons, probably he didn't want to tell me because he wanted me to figure it out myself or something... Thank you for understanding me." he smiled into my hair and pulled back from the hug to look at me with a grin on his face.

"Now that's the Sting-kun I know", giggling, he blushed red tomato.

"H-hey!... I...err...uh... mhm..." he stuttered. I laughed at his shyness and patted his head.

"But... r-really though, Cee-chan... arigato.... you helped me to mostly drain the pain away, I feel a little bit better now. I am really happy that you're here!" he added with the blush still on his face.

"You're welcome Stin-stin-kun! I'm glad to be helpful even though it wasn't much. I am always here for you, remember our promise?", I grinned and ruffled his hair. Then I walked back to my seat to finish my soup that was probably cold already.

He stared at me dumbfounded.

"What?" I asked.

"Y-you.... uh... what...? Stin-stin...kun? Wha-what kind of n-nickname is that?", he stared at me with embarrassment, forgetting about what I said and continued to lecture me with his nickname I made up.

"What? You don't like it? I think it's cute!" I squealed. He seemed annoyed and glared at me playfully.

"It's... weird... and annoying..."

"It's not weird! I like it. That will be your nickname from now on!" I winked and slowly ate my soup.

"Yes it's weird! C-change it! Onegai!" he pleaded.

"Yada"

"Please!"

"Nope!" I popped the 'p'.

"Please! I am begging you!"