Chapter 23: Shocking and scary moment

Start from the beginning

"Why is he doing that?" "I have no clue but it's pissing me off. He's never acted like this until Bella was born and I started sleeping with the blue 'It's a Boy' bear." "How about I talk to him about it for you okay?" I nodded. "How about you stay with me tonight and I'll talk to him tomorrow. Okay?" "Okay. Can you get my bears for me please. I left them in the bedroom." "Sure. I'll be right back." I crawled under the covers and got comfortable. Joe returned with a water bottle and my bears. "Here are you're bears and a water bottle." "Thanks." "No problem." I opened the water bottle and drank some of it before laying down with my bears in my arms and my head against Joe's chest and his arms wrapped around me. I felt so calm and protected. I woke up around 2 am with the urge to use the bathroom.

So I got up and used Joe's private bathroom. When I was done I washed my hands and crawled back into bed. I woke up around 6 am for school. I had Joe grab me a similar outfit to the one I had one the day before and some clean underwear and a bra and he let me take a shower in his room so I wouldn't have to go to my room since I wanted to wait till Bella was home to see everything. He placed my clothes in the bathroom along with my shampoo and some towels. I thanked him and he went to go talk to Nick.

After my shower I got dressed and went out to the kitchen and grabbed another water bottle

After my shower I got dressed and went out to the kitchen and grabbed another water bottle. Joe came in with Nick in tow. "Hey can we talk please?" "Sure. Can we go in your room?" He nodded and we walked to his room and sat down on the bed. "I want to apologize for ignoring you last night. I was high and wasn't up to talking because I knew that we would pick a fight. I'm sorry can you forgive me please?" "Yes. I hated not sleeping with you last night." He hugged me. "Why are you so thirsty?" "I'm not sure." He grabbed his sugar tester and grabbed my hand and pricked my finger. "Damn, that hurt," I said.

Just then BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP... He looked so upset and confused.

"MAMA! Get me my insulin!" He called out in a rush. "What's wrong?" He was so upset. Denise came in and gave Nick his insulin. She brought it up to him, and when he gave it to me in my side instead of his she looked confused, till he tossed her his meter. "Are you sure?" she asked. I soon felt really tired. Nick placed me against the pillows and I slowly drifted to sleep.

~~~Nick's POV~~~

After she was asleep, I put my insulin stuff down and went to go sit down in the hallway. "This can't be happening," I said softly. "I never wanted any one of you to have it." "It's not contagious dude..." Joe said. Just then Kevin came and sat down next to me. "Is everything okay?" he asked. "Andi, her sugar was 476...." I said. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry little bro." He hugged me gently. "We'll see how well she is in a few to see if it goes down, but I know it's going to be hell for a while." "I know... I remember when you went through it....Should we tell her mom?" "I'm not sure yet." At this point my sick girlfriend was important. After a good half an hour, Joe was laying down next to Andi sleeping as I went back in, and went to check her sugars, which did go down to 189. Good it was working. She'd be alright.... I nodded with a smile. I left the room again, and went back to the living room to see everyone watching TV together.