Chapter 23: Shocking and scary moment

Start from the beginning

When we got home

When we got home. I grabbed my books and went inside and plopped down on the couch. I was so tired. "Hi sweetie, how was school?" "Good. Everyone wanted to see pics of Bella. I just can't wait to have her home already." "I know. You look tired. Go take a nap in Nick's room. Joe, Kevin and Paul have been working on getting your room ready all day so it might be messy." "I'm used to having a messy room. But I want my room to be a surpise so I'll go sleep in Nick's room until it's done." "I'll wake you when dinner's ready baby." I nodded and went to his room and layed down.

I didn't realise how tired I was until Nick came in and woke me for dinner. "Babe wake up." "Mmhhm. Dinner time already?" "Not yet. Kristy called though." "Is it Wednesday already?" "No it's Monday but you should call her back." "I'll call her tomorrow after school. Can I please go back to sleep? I'm not going to get a whole lot when Bella comes home." "Okay." He kissed my head and I went back to sleep, until he came back. "Come on sweetie. Dinner's ready this time." "Okay." I sat up slowly and went out with Nick to eat. "Feeling better darling?" Denise asked as I sat down. "A bit. Forgot how draining school was." "Well with Bella coming home soon, you're not going to get alot of sleep." "I'm used to it already from when I was on bed rest from my c-section."

"Well let's get you something to eat then." I nodded and leaned against Nick's shoulder. "Are you okay?" Kevin asked as he sat down next to me. "Just really tired. Can you get me some water please?" "Sure." He got up and got me water bottle. "Here you go." "Thanks." I opened it and drank half. "Are you sure you're okay?" "Yeah. Just a long day. I missed alot for math so I'm a bit behind. I've always beeen bad in math. But my teacher will help me catch up." "Okay do whatever you need to do." Soon dinner was placed on the table, the prayer was said and we ate quietly. After I was done eating I placed my plate in the kitchen and grabbed another water bottle and went to Nick's room to get started on my homework and get as much done as I could.

Soon Nick came in and sat next to me. "Are you sure you're okay? You seem offly tired and thirsty." "Yeah. Just adjusting back to my normal school routine. Once I've been back for a few weeks I'll be better. I promise." I kissed his cheek and went back to my English homework which was kinda easy since we were reading and getting ready for Benchmarks. "Okay. Want me to get you some pajamas to change into?" "I'm fine. But my bears would be nice." "Okay. I'll go get them." He sighed and went to get Mr.Snuggles and the blue baby bear out of my room.

"Here you go." He set them down on my side of the bed and left me to work. I sighed and went back to my study guide. I was half way through it when I had use the bathroom. When I was done I grabbed another water bottle and went back to the room to finish my homework. When I was done with my English I attempted my biology but was starting to get tired and had to go to the bathroom again. When I was done I went to find Nick. Knowing him he would be in the music room. So I went down to the music room and saw him sitting on the couch messing with his guitar.

I went over and sat next to him. "I thought you were working on your homework." "I finished my English but gave up on my science." "Okay." He went back to playing his guitar. He just played his guitar and ignored me. He seemed really upset. "Please talk to me." He ignored me and contiued playing his guitar. "Please talk to me. I hate when you ignore me." He kept ignoring me and played his guitar. "Fine. I'm going to talk to someone who will talk back to me and not ignore me." I yelled at him and got up and went to Joe's room and layed down on his bed next to him. "What's wrong sis?" "Nick's ignoring me and it's annoying. He's just sitting there in the music room playing his guitar."