Chapter 12

I ran my hand against the cold hard wall, I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. I tried running towards it but it seemed as the tunnel didn't have an end.

In the distance behind me I could hear a voice it was more like-whispers. I couldn't make out what they were saying.

I stopped from walking and turned around I could feel that voice getting closer. Closer and closer, until it was right in front of me.

"They are the weakest, however strong, who have no control in themselves or their powers".

--------------------------------------------------------

I gasped and lurch, shooting up. Beads of sweat ran down my face as I tried to catch my breath. I put a hand over my forehead and sigh in relief. It was only a dream. But how can a dream feel and seem so real?

I looked over to my window to see the sun rising up. I didn't feel good and I didn't feel well enough to go to school. I reached over and turned my alarm off. Snuggling back into my covers I fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sammie.. Sam", I started to hear my mothers voice as she shook my awake.

"Hmm?", I said sitting up.

"Why aren't you in school?", She asked sitting at the edge of my bed.

"I wasn't feel well".

"Oh let me see if your warm", she said and reached over placing a hand over my forehead.

Ever since all that happened to me I haven't felt myself and I haven't even tolled anyone about it. But who knows I could of just been paranoid.

"Sam did you listen to what I just said?" my mother asked taking me out of my thoughts.

"I'm sorry, I was spacing out what did you say?", I said giving her a apologetic look.

"I was saying that you don't have a temperature but you might catch a cold".

"Oh", was all I could say. I didn't feel like I was getting sick I just didn't feel well.

"All right why don you come down and get some breakfast? You might feel better", She asked walking almost out the door.

"Yeah just let me change first", I said taking the covers off and walked over to the closet.

I decided to wear some black joggers and a simple white shirt. I walked downstairs to see my mom had prepared pancakes. I laughed as I saw a smiley face pancake on the counter.

"That's cool mom", I said pointing towards the pancake.

"Yes", she laughed "I tried it's yours".

"Thanks", I said and sat across from her.

"Wow it's already 1:30?", I asked as I glanced at the clock.

"Yeah you sleepyhead", she shook her head and continued to eat.

"Hey mom do you know any houses that are abandoned or haunted? ", I asked.

She looked up with a blank expression "Yeah I do why?".

"Well since Halloween is close I wanted to visit one", I explained.

"Yeah, well there is this house not too far from here that's maybe abandoned but not sure if it's haunted."

"Great could you give me the address mom, I would like to visit tonight?", I asked and made puppy eyes, hopefully convincing her.

"Tonight? Weren't you not feeling well?", She asked concern showed In her voice.