Chapter 21

New York - 1732

It was almost amazing how quickly time had passed. Of course with the more time that passes friends go with it unfortunately. Meaning I needed to go out around at some point and actually be social. But for now that could wait. I was in my bedroom, one of the rooms on the second floor of the house, getting some of my stuff together. I had a bag filled with bullets, a canteen of water, and some bandages just in case. I've learned to be prepared in this family filled with unpredictable idiots...

Dad had gotten a letter a few days ago that Great Britain and England were come down here to visit and we were heading to go to the southern part of the colonies. I wasn't all too excited, I was only going because Dad had insisted I come along. There were four of us going along: Delaware, me, Caro, and Lina. Caro and Lina because they knew the area we were headed best. Delaware because he had to watch them once we got there to make sure they didn't run off. I was just there because Dad asked me to.

I walked down the staircase, my bag slung on my shoulder. I walked down to the dining room and found a few of my other siblings at the table. I sat down next to New Hampshire who was just quietly reading a book. He looked up towards me.

"Heard you all are going down south," He said as he gaze shifted back to his book.
"I guess," I said, my voice slowly drifting.
"What you not excited to experience what having sunshine looks like?" Virginia said jokingly.
"Sure. You barely survive the winter."
"Hey now, we don't talk about that," V said with a sheepish smile.
"Sure..." I said as Dad came out of the kitchen with Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Connecticut bringing out the food and placing it on the table.
We all grabbed some and talked with each other as we ate our breakfast.

Just as we finished, we heard a knock at the door. Dad got up to go see who it was as I and a few of the other snoopy colonies went to listen in. I spotted two men at the door. The taller of the two was dressed fancily in a red suit and wore a crown. His face bore a Union Jack. The one next to him had just a bit less fanciness to his clothes but otherwise quite similar, just in a shade of royal blue. His face bore a red cross.
"Ah," I heard my father said nodding to each as he greeted them, "Hello father, England,"
The two walked in and Virginia walked out. He stared at the taller man.

"Virginia," The man said, "I believe you remember me?"
Virginia nodded, "How could I possibly forget you?"
His tone sounded harsher than I believe he'd intended, but it was quickly brushed to the side.
"Are you prepared for the trip?" The man that was referred to as England asked.
Dad nodded, "Yep, me and a few of my colonies,"
"Good, we'll be waiting over at the wagon outside." Britain said as he walked out.

"Alright then," Dad said turning to face the rest of us, "those of you coming with me, start grabbing the rest of your stuff and we'll be going."
I and the other three he was referring to nodded as we went to grab the rest of our stuff. All I really had left to grab was my musket sense I had most of my stuff already. We made our way outside and found Great Britain and England in a wagon, awaiting our arrival. I got on my horse, my siblings following in suit. Once Dad got on his horse he went in front and started leading the way due to the fact that at this point he knew every inch of the coast like the back of his hand.

After what seemed like miles, Great Britain took the lead, though I had no clue why seeing that this was one of the very, very few visits he's come to the 'New World'. I pushed it aside as we approached a new settlement and a thought shot through my mind. I looked at the others, who seemed to have been thinking the same thing. We continued our way and stopped at the entrance, making sure to keep an eye to the sky. We've learnt from past experiences what thing like this means: someone's gonna fall out of the sky. It was right after we got off our horse that something happened.

Right out of the sky came fly down a little girl, right into our fathers arms. She was wearing a light fabric dress and had long hair. She had blue eyes and her face bore the flag that the rest of us had. This made Thirteen. Thirteen people, fourteen if you count father, living in one house... this should be interesting. I watched as the little girl giggled senselessly and stammered out the name "Georgia".

I smiled at my new sister. I saw my father and Great Britain talk with one another a few feet away from the rest of us. I wondered what they could of been talking about. I looked back at my sister, who was now playing with the Carolina twins.

'I wonder what the future has in store...'

_ _

Hey guys! Sorry it took so long, I've been working on my other two books and history is hard to find on these colonies. This is the last chapter. Hope y'all enjoyed this book. Book 5 will come out eventually, more so once I get time to study on Maryland. After Maryland most of the colonies books will be put together in two so that they'll last longer. I am considering rewriting some of this series. It will still contain the history aspect, just with more story. Tell me what you guys think. Go ahead and check out my other to books "As the World Goes Crashing Down" and "Ghost of the Past". Thanks for reading! Bye!

- I.M.F.