Chapter 9

New Amsterdam - A month later...

I was waiting outside. My vader had told me that he want to talk to me about something, and judging from his tone of voice it was serious... I had no clue want he could be wanting from me, and frankly I was a bit concerned about what it might be about. But I tried not to think bout it and calmed myself down. I was calm for the most part, that is until Netherlands walked out with a stern and serious expression on his face. I frowned, and soon all me efforts that were put into calming down were all a waste.

"Zoon, ik heb iets om met je over te praten..." He said, his voice sounding as stern as his expression.
I swallowed hard, the last time he was this serious was when he was warning of the dangers of being out alone. He told me a lot of things I did not need to know...
I snapped out of my thoughts and shakily responded, "Y-yes vader?"
"You know I love you, yes?" He asked.
Okay, now I was more confused than worried. Out of everything he could have possibly told me 'You know I love you,' was not one of them. Why was he so suddenly asking me this? And why was he acting so serious with it? Was he about to punish me for something Ive done wrong? No, he couldn't. I haven't done anything wrong. At least I think....
I stood there in silence as I contemplated these thoughts, though I soon shook out of them as I realized how long I was taking to answer a simple question.

It wasn't like he was about to give me away.

I nodded to my Netherlands, and his stern expression lightened in the slightest through me response. As I a weight had been lifted off of him, and thrown away. But I could only wonder, what type of weight could that have been?
Netherlands then proceeded to walk back inside the house, leavening me very confused as to what the heck was happening.
Something was definitely up, but I had no clue what. I could only hope nothing to big would happen because of it.

I looked up to find Kyle running over to me, a playful smile was planted onto his face as he came running towards me with eyes full of energy. I waved at him and ran inside to find something to play with him with. Maybe I was just overreacting before. Maybe everything was alright and Netherlands wasn't hiding anything from me. Maybe I was just paranoid, but still. I couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was coming...

_ _

Netherlands -

I walked into my room and closed the door behind me. As soon as it was shut I leant against it and closed my eyes. I let out long sigh as I sunk to the floor. Truth was that I didn't know what I was doing anymore at this point. I knew what was coming. It was saddening, but also inevitable. I knew it would come eventually, I just never imagined so soon. I looked at all of the papers on my desk. There were many but there was one letter that caught my interest the most. I sighed as I read over the letter once more for the fourth time today. I closed my eyes as I slowly let my thoughts on it sink in and take hold. What happens next belongs to the future...