Chapter 1- Under The Rain

Edited: 7/12/22
Original date published: 08/08/2022

The rain is pouring hard on a dark thunderous, windy night

The rain is pouring hard on a dark thunderous, windy night. It seemed to mirror the inner struggles of a hazel-haired, lean young man, who was standing under a small waiting shed on a dimly litted street, shivering from the cold, waiting for someone . He is partly soaked as the gushing wind would wash some of the strong rain on him and he looked like a defeated stray embracing himself to keep warm.

He had with him a small duffel bag, his eyes wincing, waiting for someone for almost two hours, trusting he will soon appear. He will wait for him even if he had to wait forever.

'Jungkook will come. He will come' Jimin convinces himself. 'He will never abandon me, nor allow us to be separated."

He had texted him just this afternoon telling him of this plan. It was somehow a desperate and rushed decision as he just newly learned that his parents suddenly moved the date of his marriage to someone wealthy, who he barely knew, day after tomorrow. A very sudden and unexpected move.

He was not able to call Jungkook and talk with him as he was not answering his calls since their argument a couple of days ago. They haven't had any contact until today but only with text messages.

He left clear instructions of where and when they would meet which were seen and replied by Jungkook once with a short text message - "Ok. I will be there. wait for me. I love you.'

The plan was they will meet here in this small street near the bus station. They will run away together to somewhere far, far from this place that will separate them, far from the people who were so blatantly straightforward against their relationship.

Jimin knows that Jungkook's parents, more specifically his father never liked him for his son. He never accepted Jungkook being gay what more having a relationship with an average working middle class man, who doesn't belong in their elite social group.

And Jimin's parents seemed to oppose his relationship with Jungkook. He really don't understand why, when in fact, Jungkook's family were actually well off, if that is his parent's primary wish- to have a rich son-in-law, but somehow they are very vocal and obvious about their dislike of Jungkook.

For Jimin, he would never marry another person, can never imagine any man other than Jungkook to spend his whole life with. He is the only man he will ever love.

But it has been more than two hours now from the time of their planned rendezvous, he can't glimpse even a shadow of him. It is already past midnight. He was afraid to leave the place and go to Jungkook's house cause it will be possible that they might miss each other on the way.

And for some incomprehensible reason, he can't contact Jungkook. He has to stay put and wait.

'Something must have happened. Something must have gone terribly wrong while he was on his way to him? Is Jungkook alright? Oh God! Please help us. Let everything be okay. I can't live without him. I can't!' His heart was beating so fast with the foreboding feeling.