"Huh? What do you mean?" Serena asked.

"Hmm... Seeing you and Ash together like that. It reminds me of the time before I became Kalos Queen." Aria said as she started thinking back.

Flashback 10 years ago

"I'm in the finals of the masterclass! I'm so excited!" A 14 year, pink haired girl exclaimed.

"And now win it! I'm sure you can win it! I believe in you Aria!" A black haired boy of the same age said to her with a big grin on his face.

"Thanks Riley! And after I become Kalos Queen, I'm gonna support you at the Kalos League!" Aria exclaimed, determined while hugging him.

A few moments later

"And ze winner and our Kalos Queen is..." Monsieur Pierre said in a raising tone, building up the audience for the big reveal. "Performer Aria!"

The crowd roared wildly as Aria stood on stage, in shock while having a huge smile on her face as Monsieur Pierre put the tiara, resembling the title of Kalos Queen on her head.

Accompanied by her Fennekin, Aria walked back to the dressing room. Her stuff was shifted to another dressing room as they expected reporters to wait for her. She switched back to her usual clothes before walking out of the dressing room again.

As soon as I see Riley, I'm gonna tell him that I love him! Aria told herself with a big smile om her face. She opened the door and infront of her stood Palermo. Aria was taken aback for a moment as the famous producer and former Kalos Queen stood there.

"We need to go, now!" She said firmly. "What! Why?" Aria asked in shock and confusion.

"As soon as the reporters find out you're here, they'll come." Palermo said as she took Aria's hand and started to drag her down the hallway.

"B-But Riley!" Aria stuttered. "He will understand! We've got to go now!" Palermo said as they made their way outside. There was a limo infront of the showcase hall and Palermo stepped inside.

"Aria!" Aria looked towards where the voice came from. Riley stood there with a shocked expression on his face. Aria let out a couple tears before she stepped inside.

Flashback ends

"Ever since that day, I haven't seen him. I watched the Kalos League on tv, he reached the finals where he lost..." Aria explained as tears started to form in her eyes. "I've never seen him like that... The look in his eyes..."

Serena placed her hand on top of Aria's who started to sniff. "I feel sorry for you Aria..." Serena said in a pityful manner.

Aria sniffed once more. "His eyes... Sorrow, grief and loss was all I could see in his eyes. As he battled in the final, all his pokemon got defeated, one faster than the other..." She started to cry as she continued. "It was all my fault! If I never left with Palermo, he would still be the same happy person I fell in love with." She cried out in Serena's arms who hugged her for comfort.

After a moment, Aria stopped and broke from the hug. "Thanks Serena, I needed that."

"No problem Aria but why are you telling me this?" Serena asked in confusion as she looked at Aria.

"Because I want you to know that if you become Kalos Queen, there are a lot of things you need to give up on. One of them is possibly Ash..." Aria explained.

"What!? N-No Ash and I won't! We're meant to be!" Serena exclaimed, forming a fist in determination.

Aria smiled at her. "I hope you will Serena, you look really good together but what if you manage to beat me in this years finals and Ash travels to another region?" Aria asked, causing Serena to think for a moment.