34)Dark times are rising

Start from the beginning

The three spent the whole day at the forest and alerted one another with any signs of suspicious activity, but nothing. As the sun set, they were convinced that perhaps it had been a set up to divert their minds from what is actually happening, but Dumbledore insisted they held out a few more hours and so they did. All for a good cause as a few moments after Dumbledore's Patronus had disappeared there were several different 'popping' sounds behind them, before they could react they were surrounded by Death Eaters and had been taken in, silently threatened by the dark wands digging into their necks. They weren't expecting anything less and knew how to silently communicate with each other and had three strategies planned out, they just needed a signal  as to which one they should use, but all three of them knew that it would be far too risky as their backs were facing the rest of the death eaters and didn't know exactly what or how many they were dealing with. James was silently hoping this would end quickly, Remus was already in trouble seeing the day but if this lasted too long, word will break out easily and risk his life too much. 

'Nice to see a familiar face,' a deep voice roared out from the back, they were unable to spin their heads to see who it was and had to wait for the figure to approach to them. James looked at him and recognised him almost instantly, it was evident from Remus' story of the night he got bitten, he did have a dark stature, bold and muscular and the fangs protruding from his mouth on each sides, yellow and his hair ran through his scalp and down till his shoulders : it was Fenrir Greyback. He had immediately gone to Remus. 
'Remember me?' he asked in a hysterical tone, 'that scar is so evident and so clear in my memory, suppose it is for u as well eh?' The creature began to laugh and a  moment later the others began to as well. Alice closed her eyes and focused on the noise of the forced laughter around her and estimated there must've been around 30 death eaters around her. She turned her head slightly towards James and was given just enough time to pass the information onto James before her neck was forcefully turned back to the 'star of the show' to her utter disgrace. 
James was able to pass the information onto Remus and they decided to use the third plan of action, but James hesitated in carrying it out as they still weren't sure what the plan of action was. Remus had understood what he meant straight away so silently went back to face the front only to see the creature who had ruined his life at the age of 4. The anger bubbled inside of him as this half man was the reason that every month of his life, he had something to fear and this was the reason that his friends were in danger, this was the reason that people who knew feared him and this was the reason why many other people, within a range of ages, had suffered death and some exactly the way he had and ended up taking their own lives unable to live with the seclusion, trauma and guilt. 
'I feel  a bit offended, don't u lads, this thing decided not to answer my question, sorry for calling you thing but you see I can't exactly call u he or something, your not very human are you?' and once again Greyback laughed at his ridiculous taunt and went back facing the rows of death eaters behind the 3 hostages.
'At least I have friends and those who care about me, at least I have emotions, at least I don't live life doing dirty work under people, but try to make my own name for it, at least I don't have follow orders knowing that I will fall very soon!' Remus knew what was coming the moment the first word slipped from his mouth. Greyback wrapped his fingers around Remus' throats, his long nails digging into his sensitive skin and spoke in a hoarse, raspy voice, 'I do not take orders from anyone and if you want to be strong, you need to get rid of your so called emotions and learn to live along with the power rather than against it and Voldemort will prevail not fall and emotions are for the weak.' He let go of Remus who had been struggling to breathe and there were drops of blood spilling from his neck.

'Let's get this over with, the moon is almost here, bring out the victim!' he shouted. 
'But sir we were told to wait for Him to come,' This seemed to anger Greyback greatly, he immediately stormed up to the death eater and began torturing him with his bare hands, gritting through his teeth that Voldemort wasn't coming and he said that to keep you all in line and now that you know don't try disapparating coz it won't work unless u want to get splinched or go against your loyalty for the Dark Lord.' the man cowered in fear and stood straight in his line, unable to move. 
As he came back to the front of his unwanted audience, a man approached him and floating in the air behind him was a girl or woman, as she was dropped to the floor the 3 got a clearer view of her, her eyes were sunken and hollow, her skin had wrinkled and there were bruises all around her, the face seemed vaguely familiar. 
Alice gasped, the two boys turned to face her however much they could and she almost had tears running down her eyes, her eyes were fixated on the body. She must've recognised the body from somewhere.

'What have u done with her!!' Alice screamed, now the tears were flowing non stop, 'this girl has done nothing but been nice to everyone, she's always been the hard worker and makes minimal amount of mistakes, she is the perfect sort of person to be around and was always so cheery, and look at her now! what have u done with her!!' Alice was screaming, her throat became scratchy and she began to cough. 
'Now now, pipe down there sweetheart, minimal mistakes perhaps but the biggest one would be her denying Voldemort's offer and of course she's a half-blood.' 
'So what!'
'Don't talk back to me u silly girl!' and a hand scraped her cheek and the stinging sound echoed through the silent forest.

'Get rid of them!' spoke a voice from the crowd, 'we don't need them anyways.' Knowing that he was correct, Greyback took the two out of the diameter they were in and the 3 of them apparated to merlin knows where, James had never been to many places in the UK. 
'Good luck finding your way back,' Greyback grinned at them and apparated before they even had the chance to react. James was now beginning to panic, they had no idea where they were, Remus was by himself , the only good thing was that him and Alice were together. 

Remus could only stare as the tears spilled out of his eyes as he screamed begging them to stop. 
The girl moved around on the floor, writhing as she was continuously hit with the cruciatus curse over and over again. Her screams filled the forest. The ongoing torture must have went on for 10 minutes non-stop and the girl was so close to death, Remus could tell as the colour from her face had began to drain out and her eyes were sinking in further and further with every curse. Remus had tried to break free over and over again but all his efforts were proving useless, just like him he thought, he shook that thought out of his head almost as immediately as it went in, this was no time to think of those but it was time to perhaps prove himself useful for once, he finally managed to break out of the grasp of the death eater that had been forcefully holding him back. He ran to the girl who was now bleeding out from all places and the blood had seeped through her clothes so quickly it began to stain the grass and soil surrounding her. 

'What have u done!!' Remus screamed, the tears threatening to spill.
"Nothing we've just made sure," Greyback said shrugging his shoulders.
"Made sure of what?" Remus hissed through his gritted teeth
"You know exactly what betrayal feels like."