18) Amortentia

The week went by in a blur, the day after the party, everyone was so tired and Minnie had a suspicion of what they had did but let it slide, they deserved it.

Remus' POV:

The last lesson of the week was potions. In the lesson they were learning about Amortentia.
"Anyone know what this potion is?" mine and Lily's hands shot up along with a few other girls.
"Yes Ms Levance?" I looked over at her.
"It's Amortentia sir, it is the most strongest love potion." she says, looking in James' direction after. No one saw that, or so she thought, I caught her glancing in James' direction, I've seen her do it before just not this often. I better tell James to be a bit careful later. Lily's hand was still up.
"Yes Miss Levance, 10 points to Gryffindor."
"Yes Miss Evans?"
"The love potion causes a powerful infatuation or obsession in the drinker rather than making them fall in love. It has a different smell to each person"
"Right Ms Evans, well done another 10 points to Gryffindor!" he says, with a smile on his face, "I was hoping someone would say that. Like Ms Evans rightfully said Amortentia doesn't create actual love, of course. That's impossible. But it does cause a powerful infatuation or obsession. For that reason, it is probably the most dangerous potion in this room. It has a different aroma for everyone who smells it, reminding each person of the things that they find most attractive, even if the person themselves doesn't acknowledge or is unaware of their fondness for the object of their affection. You will all have the opportunity to take a sniff, but please I do warn you, do not keep smelling it, it could knock you out for a few hours or so." With that said, they all stood in a line. The marauders and maraudettes first.

Lily - she smelt wet grass, brooms, her mother's mice pies, strawberry lip gloss and James' cologne - she smiled at that, he always wore that cologne.

James - mother's cookies, his broom, lilies, honey and old books, - that smell was unforgettable, Lily always smelt like this.

Sirius - his old home, Euphi's cooking, the broom cupboard in James' house, Marlene's conditioner.

Marlene - the quidditch pitch, hair spray, Sirius' cologne, her brothers' hair gels

Alice - Frank's hoodies, her father's perfume and her .

Remus - Cinnamon, trees, water, bubblegum and a mist that reminded him of Clara.

Clara - Campfires, clean cotton, gingerbread, books and chocolate

Peter - forest, cupcakes from the bakery and something sour - he couldn't quite place his finger on.

(These are like the most typical smells but i had no idea what else to write.)  

The lesson ended on a good note, everyone was happy about the next quidditch game coming up tomorrow Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff. I was commentating again but I may have to ask McGonogall to swap because the full moon is comming the day after and I wasn't feeling the best.

"Hey Moony, where are you going?" prongs asked.
"I'm not feeling great so I'm going to ask Minnie if someone else can commentate tomorrow, I might be in the hospital wing." 
"OMG! I'm so stupid, sorry Moony, I completely forgot the moon is in 2 days."
"It's fine James, you have an extra responsibility now, you need to take care of Lily as well, it's normal to forget this." I smile at him. 
"Ok well I'll come with you." he said and we made our way to Minnie's office.
"How are you and Lily?" I asked.
"Perfect!" he says with a smile on his face, "just seeing her makes my day and her smile, light's up my world!"  I laugh.
"God you are hoplessly in love with her still."
"Yeah I hope nothing happens between the two of us, I really want to ask her to marry me. I know, I know it's only been a few months but maybe by the end of the year, I'll ask her."
"Well congrats to you! Seems like you have your whole future planned out!"
"Yeah, enough about me when are you going to ask Clara on a date?" 
"I don't know James, I smelt her perfume she wore at Lily's party in amortentia." I confess, his eyes widen.
"Omg did you really?!"he asks, shocked.
"Yeah." at this point James was fangirling like a complete idiot at this point, "Calm down will you?" I say as we near McGonogall's office.
"No no no no no no!" he shrieked.
"Ok James on a more serious note, we're so close with the girls, I think I'm ready to tell them." I say, looking down.
"You sure?" he asks. I just nod in reply. He looks reliefed. Guess he can stop keeping such a big secret from Lily now.

McGonogall's POV:

I hear a knock on the door, "Come in!" I say, I look up and see two of the four biggest troublemakers in the school.
"Hi, what can I do for you?" I say.
"Well Minnie, my big boy Remy has a consequence." James says. I can't help but crack a smile, I look up at Remus who seems to be red with embarassment.
"Mr Lupin?" I ask, smirking.
"Sorry Professor, ignore the dimwit," I look over at James who is mocking hurt, "Professor I was wondering if someone else can commentate for tomorrow's game?" I ask.
"Yes of course." I say, I see him sigh in releif. I guess it may be because I didn't aks him why or he would have to tell me his secret, although I already know it. Dumbledore told me when he first came to the school.
"Well if that's it then you are dismissed."
"Thank you Minnie!" James says and heads out the door, Remus trailing behind him.
Gosh they will never grow up. I chuckle to myself and carry on writing on pieces of parchment.

---------------------------- The Next Day, after the Qidditch Game----------------------------

Lily POV:

The entire Gryffindor common room was full of noise (not that it isn't normally). They had slaughtered Hufflepuff and won 220 - 50. Naomi, the Gryffindor seeker, had caught the snitch before the Hufflepuff seeker even had a chance to know what she was doing. I was smiling, looking at how happy James was, they had one 2 out of the 4 game for the league to win the Quidditch cup. James pulled me into the middle of the crowd of people and started dancing. They always had big parties after they won a quidditch game. It goes on until the middle of the night and right now it was only 6pm, so this was going to be a long tiring day.
I went to get some drinks for the both of us and I saw Naomi there carrying drinks.
"Great catch today!" I say. I must have caught her by surprise because she was startled.
"Oh thanks!" she said and carried on going. I poured out some butterbeer for both me and James and made my way to where James was. I looked up and saw James passionately making out with another girl. I blinked, surely this must be some sort of nightmare. Teras were spilling out and there was nothing I could do to stop them. I dropped the glasses and thye smashed on the floor, a piece cut my leg but I didn't care. The only pain I could feel was my broken heart. 
How could he do this? Doesn't he love me anymore? I ran out the room into the head dorms and started crying. I hugged my knees and sobbed. Maybe the Slytherins were right, I was nothing but a filthy mudblood. I continued crying and I couldn't stop.

Remus' POV:

What the hell was he doing? I was furious, James was having a full face make out session with Naomi Levance! Is he ok? But this wasn't right, he loved Lily and only Lily. he only ever talked about Lily and when I asked him yesterday, they were doing completely fine, he was ecstatic. He was still holding the drink in his hand, so I took it off of him and of course he didn't realise. I sniffed it and immediately realised, this wasn't James. Someone had spilt love potion into it.
He was still kissing Naomi. I've seen her taking glances at James before and I knew she had some sort of feeling for him but I never thought that she would go this low to get James and he was already in a relationship. I see Lily come and drop the glasses of butterbeer. I see blood trickling down her ankle but she doens't seem to feel it, she was crying. She ran out and left. I don't know what to do, I was about to go to bed because I'm feeling so sick and tired, the moon is coming, but I also need to find a reverse potion for the love potion Naomi put in his drink and I had to go and comfort Lily. I saw Clara talking with someone  a year below us, Marlene and Sirius may have had a bit too much to drink and were having a make out session, besides, if I told Marlene, she'd kill James before I had the chance to explain. Alice was sleeping. So I decided to just go to Clara.

"H-hey Clara, can I talk please. It's really important." I say, stupidly.
"Yeah of course Remus." I loved it when she said my name, snap out of it!.
"Let's go somewhere where not many people see us." 
"Ok." she said hesistant at first, I just decided to take her outside the common room so she could hear me properly.
"You know Naomi, the seeker," she nodded," yeah well she slipped a love potion into James' drink and I have a bad feeling that it might be amortentia. Well in short they were kissing and Lily saw so now she's in her dorm probably crying." I say. Clara looks furious. 
"How dare that idiot break her heart." she looked ready to punch him but I stopped her.
"Clara I told you because there was no one else as responsible as you and there's nothing he can do about it, he's under a potion!" I say, "Go look after Lily she's probably in the head dorms, I'm going to Slughorn to try and get a reverse potion."