4) Full moon

James' POV:

The rest of the week went the same, Moony got worse and today is the full moon.  It took us so long to convince him to stay in bed. Me, Padfoot and Wormtail were nearly late to Transfiguration, key word nearly. When we stepped into class, Lily gave me a look as if asking Where were you?  I just shook my head in reply, telling her not to worry. I sat down next to Padfoot and started writing notes, Minnie called out. Mind you, I didn't ususally do this, only whenever Moony is too sick on the day of the full moon and he can't come to class. So I have to promise him that I'll take the notes for him. The first time I promised him this, he laughed. 

As the lesson ended, we had 10 minutes to go into our next class, for us it was Herbology with the Ravenclaws, it was on the other side of the school but Padfoot, Wormtail and I went upstairs to the our dorm, we saw Moony reading. 
"I thought we told you to rest," I grumbled.
"I am resting, see I'm in bed, I'm just reading at the same time." 
I threw a pillow on him. Moony being Moony, pushed it out of the way. You know I think he'd be an amazing beater. I throw him my transfiguration book so he can copy down the notes. While Padfoot gives him a glass of water. I look at my muggle watch and see that we have 5 minutes left."Ok see ya Moony or Professor Sprout is going to go mad if we're late again!" I say and start headindg out. The day continued like this. After all of our lessons were over, we took Moony to the Hospital Wing, like usual.

In the evening, we saw Poppy help Moony get to the shrieking shack, from a secret passage behind the bed, he was laying down on. When Remus went inside, we took that as our cue and ran across the grounds and reached the whomping willow. Remus came up behind us a few minutes later, panting, he collapsed onto the floor. 
"Peter hurry up!" I scream. I hear him scrambling across. To get to the shreiking shack, we had to get past the stupid tree, which attacks us everytime. But Peter turned into a rat ad so being the miniscule animal can go past the branches and press this particular knot. The trick is to poke the knot in the trunk, which paralyses the tree. Peter seemed to have got it because as we moved closer, nothing happened. We took Remus inside the tree and led him into the shrieking shack. 

"You might want to transform." he said in a timid voice.  I put a hand on his shoulder.
"You ok Moony?" I ask.
"How many times do I have to tell you, why are you risking your life for me?" he asks.
"Because Moony that's what best friends/brothers do." Sirius said.
"But what if I hurt you." he says.
"Well it's not like we're not going to forgive you. Besides if I don't forgive you, then who will tell me tips on how to charm Lily." I ask, hoping it made him smile, and luckily it did. 
"And who will tell me what type of chocolate is best?" Sirius complained, pouting.
"Oh and who will help pass all of my tests." Peter said, who transformed back into human. 
"You guys are the best friends, anyone could ever ask for." Moony says, I smile.
"Well of course I am, I am Sirius Black! Moony, I'm offended." Padfoot says. But Moony didn't have time to hear that, he fell onto his knees and started screaming. I looked away almost immediately, I hated seeing him like this. 

I tranform into my stag form, I look around and see Padfoot in his animagus form. The wolf looked at us confused but he didn't do anything. Looks like this moon won't be bad. Whenever the moon isn't bad, we take the risk and let him outside. We started going outside and led the wolf into the forbidden forest. We were in the forest, when  I spotted a bird, it was red, like Lily's hair. 
Snap out of it James! I turned around and saw the wolf cautiously following us, Padfoot was next to him and Wormtail was on Padfoot. I slowed down a bit and we all walked together. It was nice but as soon as I thought that, it all went wrong. The bird I saw, freaked out when it saw the wolf. It squeaked really loudly and flew over to the branch next to me, carrying  a stick. When the wolf growled, it flew back onto the other side, and dropped the stick on its head. 

The wolf turned to me. Oh Floppers! He growled at me and started pacing towards me, I stepped back and quickly turned around and ran (galloped?), my legs carried me so fast, I loved being a stag sometimes. I could hear Padfoot barking for the wolf's attention, but its attention was on me. The wolf had long legs and reached me in no time, it scratched my stomach, gosh that hurts. Well that's going to leave a scar in the morning. The wolf kept advancing towards me and was trying to bite me, I managed to dodge them allbut the very last one , I couldn't. It bit my shoulder. Then Padfoot came over and growled at the wolf. Padfoot advanced towards it and I think he was hoping to scare the wolf but the wolf was not backing down. Both him and padfoot were fighting, trying to claw each other, although I know that Padfoot was making sure he didn't actually touch him. Peter on the other hand, climbed down Padfoot and scurried into a hole, he quickly dug in the ground. I don't blame him, he could get trampled on easily. I tried standing back upbut as soon as I did, my shoulder pained. I still stood up andwent in front of Padfoot. Padfoot barked, probably telling me to get out of the way. The wolf lunged at me but instead of me, Padfoot ran in front of me and the wolf bit his leg. He immediately fell to the ground and whimpered in pain. The wolf did as well, I think Padfoot might have accidentally clawed him. 

The the wolf started howling, finally, I thought. Moony was nearly back. Padfoot, Wormy and I tranformed back into humans, but I think that was the worst idea yet. Moony fell to the ground but I quickly caught his head on my shoulder. Ouch! I winced in pain as his head fell on my bitten shoulder.Padfoot limped to me and Moony. Padfoot and I supported Moony back into the hospital wing, we laid him down on the bed before leaving. Or if Poppy found out, we'd be expelled. 

The both of us limped back into our dorm and cast spells on each other, to heal the cuts. We plastered my shoulder though, becasuee it wouldn't stop bleeding. And Padfoot's leg was going to take time to heal. 
"Peter, can you go get the potion from the cupboards." I ask, he nods and scurries away to get the potion. Until then, PAdfoot and I cleaned upa ll the blood and bandages. Moony gave us a potion beforehand to relieve the pain and help get to sleep. Me and Padfoot drank it and in no time my eyes close and I drift off to a dreamless sleep.

At least it was a Friday, that means no classes tomorrow.