27) The order of Phoenix

Credits to princessA2_07  for the amazing book cover!!
And at this point the date is around 25th October 1978
OK back to the story...

"Not a day passes, where I don't miss you." James said to the portrait of his parents.
"We're always with you, James." his father says.
"Love you James." his mother says.
"Love you too mum and dad." he says, 

"James, you ready?" Lily calls out from their room.
"Yes," James replies.
"Well I'll see you later, we're going to the order." James says. His parents nod.

"James! Take your coat!" Lily scolded.
"Yes Ma'am," James bowed and took his coat.
Lily playfully punched his shoulder, 
"Bye Mum and Dad," they both called out. The door shut behind them.

       ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Where is it?" James asked, frustrated, they had been going in circles for the last 10 minutes. Sirius had given up and was just following them aroud like a lost puppy, while Peter sat on a slab of stone next to a tree.

"Well it is supposed to be hidden, so maybe a simple revelio charm should do it." Lily suggested.
"Yes that could work, but we're talking about Dumbledore here." Remus added.
"Yes but maybe for once he kept things simple, let's try it." Lily said,
"Together!" she added, glaring at Sirius and Peter who were laying down.
"Revelio!" they all shouted in unison. They heard something move, but were unable to see.
"If Dumbledore gave us the location, but there's nothing - oh, what if one of these objects is a portkey?!" Alice exclaimed.
"Yes probably, that's a great idea Alice! OK everyone cast the revelio charm again, last time we heard something move, maybe we'll hear it again." 
"Revelio!" they all said.
Out of nowhere they heard a rattle inside a chest of drawers. Opening the drawers, Clara revealed a key.
"My goodness, of course Dumbledore would use a key!" Sirius said in frustration. 
"How are we all supposed to hold onto that small thing?" Peter squeaked.
"Engorgio!" Lily said, wand pointing at the key, and it gre in size, not too big but the size of a boot. 
All 8 friends held onto the key while it jingled and spun, landing them in front of a barren land with a solitude tree sticking out. Lily went forward and knocked on the tree.
"Ahh, nice to see all of you here." Dumbledre said, unveiling the magic.
"Don't you think it's a little obvious Dumbledore, I mean it is just one tree." James asked. Dumbeldore looked at James with amusement in his eyes.
"Well where's the fun in that?" Dumbledore asked. James' eyes were gleaming with mischievousness, the moment the silver-bearded man spoke those words.

"Albus, we have more important mattersto discuss," McGonogall muttered angrily.
"Ah yes of course." Dumbledore stated and shuffled to the head of the table where everyone was crowding around an elongated map, that covered every inch of the table.

"Wow, this is sick!" Sirius said, trying to see if any inch of the map hung from the table.
"Right, we have been able to follow a few of the death eaters and detect where the murders are taking place. Lily's breath hitched in her throat at the sound of 'murders', her thoughts going back into the past, when she found out the news of her parents.
"Now we have pinpointed a few of the places and now we are trying to find a correlation between each of these to try and detect where the death eaters will go next. Hence that's why you're here. Young minds seem to find patterns quicker, so we want you to try and find something. Remeber this is the first stage of trying to become a full memeber of the order." 

Lily and Remus were working together and it hadn't even been a few minutes before they thought they were onto something.
"Um Professor?" Lily asked looking at Dumbledore.
"Yes Ms Evans?" 
"Do we have records of the names of the Death Eaters?" she asked.
"Yes we do." McGonogall said.
"Please elaborate." 
"So we know that Voldemort only kills muggle borns or muggles," Remus starts, "Now so far he has been going round and killing only one person/family in one town but if you look at it closely, you can see the pinpointed x's make a sort of M shape, any ideas what that might be?"

A/N - Hey guys

I am really really really sorry for not updating and I know this is a short chapter but the next one will be extra long I promise. 

I am really really sorry, I just got really busy with home and school life.

But you might be able to guess what the next chapter is about and keep checking coz in a few chapters it will be the Jily Wedding!!!!