5) Charms, Misunderstandings and Nightmares

Remus POV:
For the next few days, I stayed in the hospital bed and I was feeling awful, not because of the transformation but when Sirius and James came to visit in the hospital, James wasn't moving his hand much and Sirius was limping. I asked them what happened, but they wouldn't tell me. I had to pester them so much that even my head started hurting, and when they finally told me, tears were threatening to spill out of my eyes. I wanted to ignore them so they wouldn't get hurt by me again, but they wouldn't have it. They tried so hard to cheer me up and I really appreciate it and in the end, I gave up. My friends were so amazing, that they'd never let me stay alone. I hope everyone gets friends as great as mine. Luckily, they were healing fast.
It took 2/3 days for me to recover and go to my lessons, Lily, Alice, Marlene and even Clara asked me if I was ok. I admit, I did blush a bit ,when Clara asked me, but I reassured they were fine. Marlene and Alice seemed to buy it easily, it took Clara a bit longer, but Lily looked at me, she knew I was lying, I don't know how she does it, but she can always tell if I'm lying just like the marauders can.

That Saturday, Lily had been asking me to help her in her charms work, so I agreed to come to head dorms with her and help her practice. I knew the exact reaction I would get when I told Prongs about it. I mean he was my best friend, I had to tell him I went to the head dorms, where we decided to meet. 

"WHAT!" he exploded. I knew it.
"What what?" I replied. He looked at me in confusion.
"I mean what do you mean by what?" I explained breaking up each word as though I'm teaching a child how to say the word pie.

"You're teaching Lily how to do charms, like -like a d-d-date?"he says, like it's a swear word.
I laughed, I really felt like annoying him so I nodded.
"WHAT!" James shouted, along with Padfoot and Wormtail
"What it's just a stupid date." I say innocently.
"MOONY! How could you!" he said, his face was red with angry. Ok perhaps I took this a bit too far, but he deserves it, you don't know how many times he's pranked me about Clara.
He's about to storm out but I charmed the door. He groaned in frustration and gave me a death glare and then huffed and sat on his bed. He took the transfiguration book and started reading it. 2 ways I knew he wasn't actually reading it. 1) He never reads extra stuff, 2) The book is upside down. I laughed and sat beside him.

"The book is upside down." I say, Padfoot starts laughing. James peers from behind the book and glares at Sirius. 
"My goodness, James Potter you really are stubborn." I chuckle and shake my head, "dude, chill. I won't and will never go on a date with Lily."
"How do I know which Lily you're talking about." he said.
"Fine then. I. WILL. NEVER. GO.ON. A. DATE.WITH.LILY.EVANS. THE. LILY.EVANS.IN.GRYFFINDOR. SEVENTH.YEAR.SHE.HAS.RED.HAIR.AND.GREEN.EYES.AND.YOU'RE.SO.BLOODY.OBSSESSED.AND.HOPLESSLY.IN.LOVE.WITH.HER!" I scream. He looks at me and grins. There's a dreamy look on his face. Here we go again Thinking about Lily. 
"Ok I'm going to go and help Lily." I raised my voice a bit. That caught James' attention, he glares away and I mock hurt. 
"My goodness James, I thought we were supposed to be best friends. You don't trust me?" I pout. We both chuckle lightly and I make my way to the library so I can help Lily with her Charms. 
"Hey Remus!" she says, as I enter the library.
"Hey Lily!" I wave. I want to ask her this question but I'm scared she'll go away, but I pluck up the courage and do it anyway.
"Hey Lily, don't mind me asking, has Snape been annoying you lately." Lily look sat me.
"Why do you keep asking me that question?" Lily says, her voice rising a little.
"Listen Lily, I consider you my younger sister and I'm just worried about you. " I say.
" I know Rem but... actually I don't know why I don't want to talk about him, I loathe him. So let me tell you, no Rem, he's not been bothering me." she says.  I kiss her forehead, "Well I'm glad."  I really did feel relieved and as we are about to start on Charms, James comes up to me.
"How could you Moony, you said you never would date her!" he screams in my face.
"What!" I splutter, "I'm not dating her!" James doesn't hear it though and he storms out.
I put my head in my hands. Lily puts her hand on my shoulders.
"He thinks I'm dating you!" I say.
"WHAT!" she screams. The librarian, Madam Pince, shushes us.
"I had to convince him that I'm not dating you before coming here." I say, quietly, "I think he heard you call me Rem and saw me kiss your forehead. I ave to go tell him. I'm sorry Lily but maybe we can do this tomorrow. I'm really sorry." I say as I stand up.
"Don't worry Rem, I know how much the three mean to you. But don't cut me off tomorrow," she says playfully. 
"I'll try!" I say as I exit the library and rush to the room of requirement. I knew he'd be there, he always goes there when he's upset, like when Sirius came to his house for the first time all bloody. That's a story for another time.