15) CHRISTMAS DAY!!

It was finally Christmas, the day everyone was waiting for, the boys were first to wake all thanks to Sirius. He jumped out of bed as soon as his eyes fluttered open from the rays of sunlight peeping through the window. He tiptoed into the bathroom and filled three buckets of water up, but not before casting a silencing charm around the bathroom, to make sure the others don't wake up. He slowly levitated the buckets until they were on top of each of the marauders faces apart form his own of course. He counted to three before letting go of the levitation charm and let the water drop on each of them.
"MERRY CHRISTMAS!" he shouted and raced to the other side to wake up Euphemia and Fleamont before the boys had anytime to process what he had done. He ran into his parents' room and shouted "IT'S CHRISTMAS!" before running into the girls' room and shouted "MERRY CHRISTMAS!"  and rushed down the stairs with the boys now trailing behind him and the girls behind them. They all crowd around the Christmas tree which has been beautifully decorated with silver and red tinsel and pictures of all of them.
"Wow Mum, Dad how did you get the pictures? This looks great!" James had told the rest of the group that his parents would let him decorate the basic part of the tree with tinsel and stuff and then always added a theme to it after he went to bed.
"He's right it looks fabulous!" Lily exclaims in awe as she spiralled the tree to get a good 3D view.
"Thank you dears, well it is a secret, so sorry I'm not going to be telling you anything!" Euphi says.
"Come on! Let's open the presents!" Sirius exclaims. 

Remus POV: 

It was great seeing Sirius this excited, normally in the holidays I would see him, his eyes would be red and puffy from crying, he would look skinny, he had red gashes on his back from where his parents would abuse him. He never got Christmas presents from his family only abuse, he would come to James' house after but I'm glad this year he stayed from the beginning this year. No one deserves that. I looked over at James who looked like he was thinking the same thing as me. The girls followed behind him and then Peter, then James and I followed him. Sirius hurriedly levitated all of his presents and placed them all around him and sat down. 

Narrator's POV: 

"Ok now that we all have each of our presents, lets start opening them." Fleamont says.
"Sirius how about you go first!" Euphi says, with a twinkle in her eye. She was smiling, it was quite rare to see a proper smile on Sirius' face, normally he would plater a fake smile when talking unless someone said something that made him laugh and she was glad she was able to bring that smile back onto his face.

"Yes! See told you Lilyflower." he says and rips open his first present from Marlene. She got him a new Gryffindor quidditch jumper and on the back is said 'The one and only Sirius Black!" 
"Thank you Marlene!" he jumped and hugged her. You could see the light blush on her face. They'd surely make a cute couple. Clara's present was next. She got him a bunch of quidditch related school supplies. The he opened Wormtails. Peter got him a bunch of sweets from honeydukes, wonder where he got that from. Then it was Lily's present. She got him a bracelet. 
"Sirius whenever you're in trouble click the bracelet together and I'll be warned because I have a bracelet which is charmed so that if you ever click it then it will glow, bright." Lily whispered. Sirius was on the verge of tears, he hugged her tight. 
"Hey Snuffles,don't cry!" she said and hugged him back. Then he went on to open Remus' present, from which he got a dog pillow that looked just like him. Sirius looked around for James' presents, who was smirking. 
"Prongsie you didn't get me a present!" Sirius exclaims. James just sat there with a blank expression on his face. "Oh well, at least I got other good presents!" he says. 
"Woah woah! Has there ever been a Christmas since I met you that I haven't got you a present?" he says. 
"Uh this one?" he says. 
"Sirius catch!" he says and throws over what looks like car keys. Sirius being the quidditch player he is hits it out of the way before realsing that was his present from James and grabs it again. He looked at the keys and then stared at James in pure shock.

"No you didn't!" he says. 
"Didn't what?" James asks, innocently. 
Sirius runs over and hugs James, who ends up falling over.
"It's waiting for you outside." James says. 
"I'll go to it after!"

After everyone else had opened their presents, they decided to have a nice game of Quidditch, of which Euphi of course didn't approve, instead Clara, Lily and her went into the kitchen to make a nice filling lunch as everyone had woken up quite late and missed breakfast.

"Wow Lily, you're a good cook."
"Thank you Euphi!" 
"Lily, James has talked about you and only you whenever me or his father asked him about his girlfriend or crush or whatever. Today I saw the look on his face when you gave him his present and when he gave you that dress, you were ecstatic. You two are supposed to be together. Lily he loves you deeply I can see it, I'm not sure if either of you have said it yet but from both of your faces, I can see that you are so deeply in love.  But don't make that love influence you to be a troublemaker like him," Euphi chuckles, "Lily keep him safe. please. His father and I are quite old, we won't always be aroud for the both of you, although I hope I can see your wedding. These are quite dark times, but please both of you keep safe." Euphi says, on the verge of tears. "I promise Euphi, I will." Lily says. 
The rest of the Christmas went by smoothly. The yhad a fanctastic lunch and dinner. Then the whole family sat down and watched 'movies' reccomended by Remus and Lily.

As they were going to bed...

"Hey Lils, did I tell you how beautiful you looked today!" James whispered in Lily's ear.
"A few times Mr Potter." Lily said.
"Well have I ever told you that I Love you?" james asks. 

Lily was shocked, she never expected him to say it this fast. 
"Um - you don't have to say it back you know, just wanted to tell you." he says, obviously looking a bit emabarassed.
"No James, I love you too." Lily says. James face lit up as soon as she said those words. 
"Well then. Goodnight Lily!"
"Goodnight James!" 

For the rest of the night, both lovebirds slept with huge smiles on their faces, dreaming about the future.

A/N - Sorry this is a short chapter and it took me so long to update! I'm realy sorry.I know I've said it before but still. 

I wrote this mainly on Sirius because he deserves it.
I don't want it to look like everyone was pitying him, just that he had been through so much so he deserves a wonderful Christmas.

If you guys wanted to know James got Sirius the flying motorcycle he gave to Hagrid when he went to collect Harry.