33)Quiet is not always good

Hey guys, thank you so much for reading this story, and I'm sorry the updates aren't very frequent. I am so sorry I'm publishing a new chapter after like 5 months !! And i apologise for the crazy amount of spelling and grammar mistakes 

Right now it is around April 1979

Luckily for Lily, she had a quick road to recovery. She was up in and walking in a few days. Dumbledore had received a good shout from Minnie afterwards about how seriously hurt she could have been, even though she knew it would be pointless. These kids had signed up to this despite the risks, so Dumbledore will be using them.
There was another mission ready for them, but after Minnie and the injury, Dumbledore decided to give their whole group rest. 
"Hey what do we do on our day off?" Clara asked, slouching on the couch next to Remus.
"It feels weird,  I'd have thought we would be in some sort of desert trying to look for a ring or something," James said shaking his head.
"I just hope nothing comes in the way today, I'm looking forward to a good day's rest and I was also looking for a lie-in before someone woke me up!" Sirius said glaring at Marlene, yeah well everyone was having breakfast here at this time."
"If the ladies hadn't woken us up, we probably would've missed the breakfast," James said, kissing his wife's cheek and going over to the coffee machine, to make himself a coffee. James had found it fairly difficult remembering the buttons for the coffee he wanted to have, but overtime he got used to it. 

"Do you think something is wrong, it's been a little quiet since... well you know," Remus said. No one said anything, just nodded in agreement.
"Well enjoy it while you can, I doubt it's going to last."
"Do you think it was even a good idea to get into this mess?" Lily asked. She had 7 pairs of eyes looking at her.  Se hesitated in the middle wondering if it was the right question having seen their shocked expressions.
"I mean not as an insult or anything," The group silently kept their spaces, "Are you not scared of what would happen if one of us died, god forbid!"
"Lils, what are you saying?" Marlene asked.
"You guys don't understand do you! I don't want to go through the pain and grief of any more deaths!" she screams.
"I get it Lils, I really do but think about it this way, if any of us die, we won't die in vain, we will die trying to make the world a better place for the next generation." James says, hugging me from behind. That's when Lily realised what she had asked.
"I'm so sorry, I don't know what came over me to ask that question,"
"It's ok Lily," Remus said, "everyone will have that phase at one point,"
Lily just nodded meekly an went back to her room.

Her hands were hugging her knees, her face down and the tears streamed out of her eyes the moment she was away from the rest of her friends.
How, how could she think to say something like that, she knew they were right, she knew they'd be fighting for a reason, she knew they were fighting for good and one day all of this will come to an end. It's unbelievable to think that one moment your family was laughing and having fun making jokes on the dinner table to there being no family, it all had fallen apart and because of her and her abilities that no one else In her family possessed, she was seen as a star and the pride of the family, but it resulted in nothing but grief, at this moment in time she'd rather listen to those foul words her sister called her all these years, besides she deserves it.

'No u don't,' said a voice next to her, she looked up to see Remus at the door. She wiped away her tears and managed to say 'what are you doing here?'  Remus just sighed and sat next to her
'Lils I've known you for so many years, I know exactly what your thinking and to be honest I can't believe you,' he said, closing the door behind him.
'What do you mean?'
'I mean to say how are you blaming any of this on yourself! I understand that you might be thinking this because you were given a chance to go somewhere everyone in the Muggle world thinks of as a fantasy and for your information you many have lost one of your families but your second one is still here. You have a wonderful husband James, you have all of us by your side every step of the way don't ever think your alone or your not enough for anyone because lily without you there'd be no group, your family wouldn't be like they were and those foul words your sister calls you, you definitely don't deserve them so don't even think about it, '

' Thanks Remus, you always know exactly what to say, ' she dried her face from the tears and hugged Remus. Remus returned the gesture and pointed towards the door, she gave a light chuckle knowing what was about to happen next. He pointed his wand towards the door and muttered 'Alohamora', the door opened and in fell James.
'Honestly James, Lily's your wife now no one's gonna take her, besides everyone knows if they did so little as touch her, they don't need to wait for Voldemort to come to their door, but I guess old habits die hard huh?' Remus chuckled and left the couple.

James scratched his neck in embarrassment and lily went to hug him. Forgetting whatever thoughts were running inside each of their heads, the two stayed in that embrace for quite some time.
' Wanna go outside? 'James asked but Lily shook her head.
Must be tired, James thought so he picked her up and lay her on the bed, the moment her head hit the pillow, she was asleep. James chuckled and went outside.
The group sat down for a bit in silence. No one said a word, not because they were still stunned by what Lily said, but in deep thought as to why Dumbledore still hadn't contacted them yet. Its unusual to have a day where nothing has happened, it could be that there were other recruits in a mission but they'd still be notified there was a mission, they hadn't heard a word from Dumbledore or Minnie, not once.
'I have a really bad feeling about this,' Sirius said, breaking the silence.
'Same like something big is about to happen,' Alice adds
'I mean it is Voldemort he could be planning something or he could be doing it in purpose to make us think something and divert our attention.'
'Whatever it is, I hope Lily is ok by then, we need someone with a sharp mind and a strong witch like her by our side,' James says.
'Whatever it is, we won't ever know till the time comes so I suggest we all get some early rest for whatever may occur,' Marlene says.
The others nod in agreement and go into their own rooms.

James closes the door as he enters the room and sees Lily fast asleep, silently snoring. He looks at the beautiful woman in front of her finding himself lucky to have been given a soul mate like her and for her to like him back of course. She's been through so much yet never has there been a day where she fails to amaze him or put a smile on his face. The reason why there is still good in this world is because of people like her.