6) The Heart feels what the Heart feels

Hello everyone thank you so much for the reads and votes.
I really appreciate it!
Hope you like this chapter!

The month passed by in a blur. Another full moon came and went. It was now the middle of October. The marauders were sitting in the heads room, thinking of their next major prank on Halloween. 

Lily POV: 

Me, Alice, Marlene and Clara were just at the owlery and I got the letter from my mum saying that Petunia was engaged to Vermin- oh sorry Vernon. How could she not tell me! Did she really hate me that much. 
"Lily!" Alice, waves her hand in front of my face. 
"Huh - oh sorry" I say, waking up from my daze.
"Are you ok?" Marlene asks and I say I'm fine, they don't beleive me but continue with their conversation. We reach the head dorms and I whisper the password and we all go inside. 

The marauders are crouching over something that looks like a notebook. 
"Hey guys!" I say, they immediately start scrambling all over the place. I look at them wierdly. James coughs, "Hey Lily!" he says with a goofy grin on his face.
"What were you all doing?" I ask, pointing over at the small coffee table, which was now covered with pieces of parchment. 
"Oh n-nothing. What makes you think w-we're doing something?" he asks. I raise my eyebrow at that obvious question.
"Well first of, you guys started moving around when I spoke to you. Second you just stuttered and I've never heard you stutter. And third, you're always doing something. " I say.
"Alright you caught us we're doing something, but you're not finding out any time soon." he says smirking. I brush it off, me and the girls just go to my room and start talking about boys. I'm pretty sure that's all we ever talk about.

"Was it just me, or did anyone see how hot Sirius looked!" Marlene said. 
"Nope just you." I reassured her. And for the next few hours that's what we did. Clara talked about Remus and Alice talked about how her and Frank are getting along. I wasn't paying much attention, I was thinking about someone. James, was looking quite cute wasn't he. His raven-coloured hair, fell infront of his eyes, his glasses were halfway on his nose, his lips looked soft- "Wow Lily, get a hold of yourself!" I hear. 
"What?" I say, confused as I broke out of my trance again. 
"You were thinking out loud." Marlene says, smirking. Oh gosh! That's so embarassing.
"Looks like someone finally has a crush," Clara teases.
"Oh shut up." I say. Clara just looks back at me with a smirk playing on her lips. I blush red as I realise I actually said all of those things about James. 
"What happened to you. Are you feeling all right?" Alice asks, feeling my forehead. I scowl at her and tell her I'm fine.
"Well if you're fine then spill." Marlene says. 
"Um - I don't actually know. That was the first time I thought of James like that." I confessed. There was no point in hiding it, First they were my best friends, second they'd get it out of me either way.
"Ok well, what made you think that?" Clara asked. I thought about it for a bit.
"I don't actually know." I said. Marlene groaned, "What?" Ia sked.
"Do you know why you don't know ?" she asked. I just shook my head, "It's because you're still in the denial zone." she says. I mean I've hated him for like the past 6 years and I suddenly say that he looks cute - not that he does. 
"I mean there's nothing you can do about it - the heart feels what the heart feels." Clara told me.

We spent the next hour mocking the mearauders.
"We should prank them!" Marlene said out of nowhere. The rest of the day we spent making plans on how to prank the marauders on halloween. They do it to the school every year. Besides this is our last year at hogwarts, what's it witout a bit of fun. Gosh I sound like Sirius don't I. I can imagine his reaction.
"Oh Lilyflower, you're growing up I'm so proud of you!"wiping a fake tear. 

James POV:

As soon as the girls left, Padfoot threw a pillow at me. 
"Prongsie , why did you tell Lily of our plan." 
"Hey I didn't say anything. I said that she can't know!" I say, putting my hands up in surrender, "besides, you guys know that I can't lie to Lily. I don't know why I just can't." I say, dropping myself onto a couch, like deflating a balloon. 
"I swear it's not my fault. I can't help but look at her green eyes when she talks to me, or thik about what it feels like to have her lips on mine-" 
"Right that is enough. I don't need to know much about that. That's my kind-of-sister you're talking about. No thank you." Moony exclaims.
"Aww Moony! I was having fun looking at Prongs looking like an idiiot!" Padfoot whines. I shot a glare at Padfoot. He just smirked in return. Peter was on his own trying to figure out how to cast the aguementi charm. I stood up and took out my wizards chess box. Me and Padfoot immediately sart playing. 

"Hey Padfoot, why do you think I love Lily so much?" I ask.
"That's the question I've been trying to ask you for the past 7 years!!" he exclaims.
"I'm starting to think, maybe I should try getting over her and date other girls, but that was to get her jealous."I say. I see Remus peering over the top of his book. 
"Watcha looking at Moony?" I ask. 
"Nothing, just wondering how oblivious you can be?"
"Moony use shorter words please." Sirius says.
"Oblivious, oblivious to what?" I ask. Remus just shakes his head and goes back to reading his book. 
What am I oblivious to? Oh well, I just brush it off. I turn my attention back to Padfoot.
"I think the idea of me dating others to get over Lily is not going to work." I say.
"Sudden changes, why?" Remus asks. I look at him 
"Because, I've loved her since the third year, before it was just a stupid crush. besides, look at me, I fricking tripped over when she called me and I nearly told her of our major Halloween prank coz I couldn't lie to her." I look down. 
"Well its not like you can do anything anyway," Moony says, " I mean the heart feels what the heart feels right?" he says, looking at me. I slowly nod in reply. 
"Thanks Moony, now lets get cracking with this major plot!"

A/N - Sorry this is a small chapter, the next one will be on HALLOWEEN!