19) Amortentia - part 2

Clara POV: 

I hurriedly make my way towards the head dorms, the door was still slightly open. I open it and look around, Lily's not there. I go upto her room and knock. No reply. I twist the doorknob and it opens. I see Lily hugging her knees crying by the bed. I go and sit by her. She look sat me but doesn't stop crying, instead I just hug her. 
"H-he h-he ch-cheated o-on m-me." she sayd while sobbing. I was feeling furious and wanted to run up and punch James and murder Naomi. 
"Lily, listen, " I said, she looked up at me, wiping her tears, "James isn't cheating on you. Someone put a potion in his drink." 
What?!" 
"Yes, Remus saw and he told me, I came here to tell you, he went to Slughorn to knock some sense into James by asking for a reverse potion but he thinks it might be amortentia." Just then Remus came in.

"H-hey Clara, hey Lily, listen James isn't himself so Slughorn gave me this and it might help but he said if it's amortentia then this potion won't take it's full effect." he said. I stand up and look at Lily, "you coming?" I ask her. She just nods and the three of us go bck to the Gryffindor common room where the party is still going. Sirius and Marlene aren't there and James seems to be having a serious make out session with Naomi, I look over at Lily, who's staring at the floor tears falling from her red, puffy eyes.
"It's ok, just look after her, I'll go slip this potion into a drink and give it to James." Remus says. I watch him go and Lily and I sit down on one of the couches. I see Remus making his way to James.
"Moony! Guess what I got a new girlfriend." he says. I just about caught onto each word he said. But I hope Lily didn't. 
"Just shut up and drink this!" he says, forcing the drink down his throat. I wanted to laugh but I knew that would just make everything worse.

That point James seemed to realise what's going on. I looked up in hope that the potion would work and was about to drag Lily to James so they could have a word with each other, when Naomi started kissing James again, but this time you could tell he didn't want to. Remus came up to us, "It's not having the effect I hoped it would. So it may be amortentia" he says sighing. He was looking pale and sick.
"Hey Remus, are you ok?" I asked.
"Yeah I'm fine." he says. Then I got an idea.
"Remus what if Lily kisses him?" I ask. He just looked at me, confused.
"If it is amortentia then the potion will wear off by itself when Naomi stops gving it to him, but we don't know where she got it from and ho long it's going to last, the love potion just gives obsession, but Lily and James love each other, they are soulmates so what if Lily can break the effect of the potion by showing how much she loves him. I know, I know it sounds like a fairytale but what if it works." 
"I mean it's worth a try." he says. I tell Lily about our plan and she hesitantly agrees. 

Remus and I watch from further away as Lily goes up to James while Naomi went to get more 'drinks'. 

Narrator's POV:

Lily went upto James.
"Hey James," she said.
"Hey Evans, you look beautiful as always." I blushed, maybe the potion Remus got was ahving an effect. Before I cower away I pulled him to me and kissed him. It wasn't a hungry kiss like he had with Naomi but it was sweet and soft. It went on for  few minutes until Lily broke apart, in need of air.
"Lils, what happened." James said. He felt the world spin aroud him. He sat down on one of the couches. 
"Don't worry everything's back to normal." she said. After a few minutes James was feeling better and Naomi saw them but didn't say a word, not wanting anyone to think she was the one who put James under a love potion. She was so mad at Lily. 

 Lily told James what had happened and James would not stop apologizing for it. At least the couple were back to normal. 

From the other side, Remus and Clara were looking at them with awe. They were indeed a cute couple. Remus was so happy it worked.
"Oh My God, I can't believe it worked! I could kiss you!" he said accidentally, looking at Clara wide eyed, realising his mistake. "uh um - sorry uh can you kiss I, I mean kiss you I, I mean may I kiss -" he was broken off by Clara pressing her lips to his. Both of them feeling sparks inside them. It continued for a few minutes, until they both broke apart.
"Wow." was all Remus could say, Clara was blushing like mad.
"Clara would like to go on a date with me, next Hogsmede trip?" he asked.
"Yes, I would love to!"