The Debutante Ball part 1

The Day of the Debutante

Athanasia's Pov

The maids rushed to get me ready. I worked and waited so hard for this day. To days the day everything begins. My dress is white with red ribbon belt, shoes, and gold lining.  "Princess, you look like a doll. So beautiful."

"Thank you." I said as I smile.

"Yeah, you look perfect as ever." I turn around and saw Lucas.

"Don't forget what we talked about." I reminded him to reveal Jennette's identity at the debutante if they don't introduce her.

Lucas then said, "yes, yes, yes. You told me that a hundred times already."  

I then walked downstairs, where dad was waiting. "Daddy."

He stared at me for a while before saying, "you look beautiful as ever."

"Thank you." On the carriage ride to the Main Palace, I wandered whether or not I should tell him about uncle Anastacius showing up. Best not, I can't ruin the night before Jennette does, that's her job. I want everyone to see me as perfect while they will see Jennette as being ordinary. I can't lose because I worked so hard for so long in order to get here. I Can't Afford to Not Succeed. I grip my hands tighter.

Dad held my hand and said, " Everything's going to be okay."

"Knock on wood." (Knock, knock) I said as I knock on the carriage walls. I then added, "Thank you I feel better now daddy."

Main Palace

Deep breath in, deep breath out.

"Presenting their royal highness Claude and Princess Athanasia de Alger Obelia." 

Everyone looked at us and stared uncomfortably

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Everyone looked at us and stared uncomfortably. I held dad's hand tighter, and he glared to the crowd below which made them bow. We bowed as we started dancing, I then started counting in my head. I can't make a mistake with everyone looking.

"Its fine, you're doing great." Dad said as he lifted me up. He then added, " you need to stop being such a perfectionist. Its fine if you make a mistake."

"But if I do everyone will laugh at me and Daddy."

"No one will laugh at you if they value their lives."

"I'll try, but I make no promises." I said. I then notice that the attention wasn't entirely on us. I then caught a sight of the nobles whispering and passing word to each other like wildfire. What's happening? Is it Jennette?

After the first dance we then walked over to the throne.  When I heard people whispering. I tried as hard as I can to listen to what they were saying. When the Duke Alpheus, his son, and Jennette stood before us.

The duke then said, "your majesty may I present to you

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

The duke then said, "your majesty may I present to you. Your daughter, Jennette de Alger Obelia."  Jennette stood at the middle of the duke and his son wearing a blue, white, and pink dress.

I lean into dad and whisper," deja vu. I've seen this before."

"It appears so." He said with a low voice so only I can hear. As he must have remembered what I told him a few days ago. Dad then ask, "what do we do now?"

"Me?" I said as I tried my best to act surprise. I took a glance at them then said lowly, "I think we should accept her to keep a close eye on her and the duke. However, I don't want to share my palace."

Dad glances at Jennette and the duke and said, "that's fine I don't want you to live under the same roof as that thing anyway. How about putting it in the Ruby Palace?" 

"That's fine." I glanced at them again smile and added, "We should put her there strait away after the end of the ball. I have a feeling that something bad might happen if we let her go back there."

"Like what."

"For instance, she may bring something that could harm us like a magic item or something." I said as I remembered what happened in Who Made Me A Princess.

Dad then said, "Your right. Your so vigilant. "  

I then realize that we had been talking to each other for a couple of minutes now. "Dad what do you think?"

"About what?"

"How long do you think until their backs break?" I said as I covered my smile with my left hand to block the crowd from seeing it.

Dad then said, "give it a few more minutes."

.....

The nobles were all silents throughout our long conversation and they were silent still.  Dad then said, "alright! You may rise."

"Thank you, your majesty." The duke said. I tried so hard not to laugh. their backs must have been killing them by now. Everyone knows not to raise their heads until the emperor allows it.

Dad then said, "since this has happened, I have No Choice, but to take her

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Dad then said, "since this has happened, I have No Choice, but to take her. I'll put her in the Ruby Palace, and she will be escorted there immediately after the ball. Guards, tell the head maid to get the Ruby Palace ready."

"Yes, your majesty."

I then asked the crowd, "was she the topic of discussion everyone was whispering about tonight?" I glance at my dad who glared at them. As everyone knows tonight was supposed to be my night, not Jennette's.

I let out a smile and said, "its fine I have no problem sharing." Wrong, I do have a problem sharing, a really big problem sharing.

"No, of course not. We were all just amazed with the princess since her dance was perfect." A lady said from the sidelines.

" A lady said from the sidelines

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"That's right." Nearly everyone nodded in agreement. Except the duke and Jennette who still stood at the center of the room.

"Good!" Dad said as I stared at him, he then added, "After tonight Athanasia will begin her royal duties." He then patted my back and said to me, "make sure you have as much fun tonight. Because you will be starting work in the morning."

I smiled and said, "yes daddy." Wait since when did I ever have fun? I'm too old for that.

I then stood up and said, "that's enough formalities. Let's begin the second dance!" Ijekiel took Jennette's hand and begin the dance as everyone joined in. After that I join in the third dance, for all the young ladies who made their debut.