Keep an Eye on Your Opponent part 3

Ruby Palace

Normal Pov

A Few Days Later

The countess came to get Jennette so they could go shopping for the Alpheus party. Jennette's aunt then told the head maid to get the carriage. When it rolled in front of them, the two were shocked to see a plain black coach. The countess then said angrily, "what is this?!"

"Yes?" Emma said.

Countess Rosalia then said, "go get us another coach we can't be seen in that."

Emma stood her ground and said, "this is all we can afford with the budget his majesty gave us."

"Where are the guards then?" She ask. Emma then turns to the lone knight.

The countess crunches her teeth and said, "never mind we'll take my carriage instead. Let's go Jennette."

"Yes." The second princess followed her aunt, and as they got in her carriage. The countess then said. "Jennette, do you know where your money is going too?"

She then said, "what?"

Her aunt then said, "do you know your budget? How much money does his majesty give to you?"

Jennette looked down and said. "I don't know. The head maid handles everything, so....."

The countess's face hardens while looking at her niece. She then covered her face with her fan and spoke. "You should be the one managing your palace's finances. Not some made. They might be stealing from you."

Jennette then said, "how could they?!"

Her aunt then said, "you need to keep an eye out for anything that's missing inside the palace. Do you understand."

"Yes! I'll make sure to tell father this."

"You have to fine evidence first then you can deal with it yourself. You have the authority to do so since you're a princess now." The countess said.

"I can do that?" Jennette looked at her with disbelief.

The countess then said, of course you can. You're a Princess now. You're above everyone in that palace. Understand."

Jennette then nodded and said. "Yes aunt."

The Capital

When they got to town, they then went straight to a famous dress shop called Madam Clara. Everyone stared at them, and Jennette smiled brightly as she showed off her jeweled eyes.

The other customers then started talking, "isn't that the second princess."

"Yeah, she must be here to get a dress."

"Hm? Who would invite her to a party?"

"I did hear that the Alpheus are hosting a party soon." The ladies said, as they glance at them while covering their faces with their fans.

The owner came out but kept his distance since the rumors surrounding the second princess weren't very good. Jennette picked up the dresses she like while the other ladies in the shop chuckle seeing what kind of dress the second princess picked out.

"To think they say she's older." They whispered. The dresses Jennette liked were somewhat childish and old fashion with a lot of ribbons and lays.

 The dresses Jennette liked were somewhat childish and old fashion with a lot of ribbons and lays