Tea Parties part 4

Normal Pov

Emerald Palace

The day of Athanasia's tea party came fast. She ponders the idea of whether or not inviting Jennette was the best decision. She sighs while looking at the window as her guest arrived and said, "I think it's right. I need to know what kind of person I'm dealing with anyway."

She then came down wearing another short dress from Madam May, the dress is red with white small white flowers and black lining. it had off shoulder sleeves, white stockings, black shoes, and her hair had a red ribbon with a ruby at the center. 

As the princess got outside to lead her guest to the rose garden beside the palace, she smiled as she saw all 12 girls wear Madam May's dresses including Anna, but then she notices that Jennette still wasn't there. As she led her guest to have tea she said, "tardiness is a terrible princess habit. Hannah, please tell Jennette when she arrives, that she can only arrive late if she's the hostess." 

"Yes, princess." It was clear to everyone that the first princess Athanasia was already made irritated and she's not going to keep her other guest waiting just because of the princess Jennette.

" It was clear to everyone that the first princess Athanasia was already made irritated and she's not going to keep her other guest waiting just because of the princess Jennette

The princess seats at the 12 o'clock position at the round table. The girls ran to seat at the princess's side. In the end Anna took the left side while Helena took the right.

Seeing the princess irritably sat down and sip her tea. Anna started the conversation saying, "I don't get why the second princess......Jennette is so late. She lives not too far from here, doesn't she?"

"Maybe she just wants to be fashionably late, so all the attention will be on her." A girl said.

"Even though she's a princess now, she's not hosting this tea party. How can she keep princess Athanasia waiting like this?"

"I heard she throw a tantrum when she got here. The maids didn't know what to do so they ask his majesty to call the duke."

"I heard that too."

"By the way have you heard Countess Rosalia is coming to the capital."

"I heard that too. She's princess Jennette's aunt right."

Athanasia put down the teacup she was drinking tea from and said, "no doubt she's coming here to help her niece."

Anna quickly picks up on what the princess was trying to say and said, " I'll support you, princess Athanasia. Princess Jennette maybe of noble blood, but she's nothing compared to you."

Athanasia then smiled at Anna and said, " thank you Anna that makes me feel better."   

Everyone then stated, "I'll support you princess."

"Me too."

"And me. Princess Jennette has nothing on you she just got lucky."

"That's true."

Lady Helena then ask, "princess his majesty's banquet is coming up. Are you going to be wearing another one of Madam May's dress?"

Athanasia then said, "no. Madam May's dresses are good and all. However, I think I'm going to try another designer for the banquet it's my dad's event after all."

Anna then said, "I'm sure you'll have the best dress again princess."

"I agree."

.......

Awhile later Jennette then arrived with a long brown dress with thin white stripes. "I'm sorry for being late. " She said as she seated at the oppose end of Athanasia.

The princess then said, "no its fine Jennette."

The second princess then said, "thank goodness

The second princess then said, "thank goodness. I was worried because I was so late. I had a hard time choosing a dress you see. Since every dress the Ruby Palace gave me was so plain." Everyone glances angrily at her for making an excuse.

Jennette then said, " sister can you perhaps tell father to tell the maids to buy me more appropriate dresses and a...... I hate to tell you this in front of everyone, but can you also get me some new maids."

Athanasia put her foot down and said, " Jennette you heard dad as well as I did, and the answer is no. And even if he did say yes. Where are you going to find additional maids? Everyone is busy with gatherings this time of year. Especially now when dad's banquet is coming up." The other girls nodded at Athanasia's logical responds.

Jennette then looked down and said, "then can you tell the maids to get me better dresses."

Athanasia sigh and said, "I'll see what I can do." She then sip her tea. 

Jennette then said with a smile, "by the way I hadn't gotten everyone's names yet." The girls then reluctantly introduce themselves to her. While Athanasia wiped her mouth, stood up and said, "I'll leave first."

"Sister? But I just arrived."

"You can continue the party if you want." Athanasia said as she was about to walk away. Jennette sadly said, "by any chance do you not like me?"

Athanasia turned around, smiled at her, and said. "No, of course not I barely know you after all. I'm just tired. You go on." She then left.

Jennette turned to the table and said, "we'll then shall we continue this meeting."

Anna stood up and said, "I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I must go my carriage is waiting for me."

"That's okay." Jennette said as Anna then left. The other girls look at each other than Helena, said, "I'm afraid I must leave to excuse me."

"That's okay." Jennette said, but before she knew it everyone was getting up and leaving.

"I'm sorry princess, but I have to get home now too."

"Me too

"Me too." Jennette then grinds her teeth as everyone left. Unbeknownst to her Athanasia was staring down at her from the second floor of the palace. She then said as she continues walking down the hallway. " So that's the kind of person you are. I always thought that the 3rd version of the story was too good to be true. When push comes to shove everyone is greedy and selfish. Including me."

Author's note: I'm having a lot of trouble, so I may skip some weeks for updates.