The Villaness part 4

Emerald Palace

Athanasia Pov

Lady Anna arrived at my office. As she bowed and raised her head, "blessings and glory to the star of the Obelian Empire."

"It's, good to see your doing well Anna. You made quite a show in the Alpheus estate, didn't you?" I said as I looked down on her.

"My apologies Princess." She said as she still held her composure.

Let's get to the point. "Even though Jennette is being neglected. She's still part of the imperial family."

She then frantically said, "if I may Princess. I heard about Princess Jennette's mother. They say the lady was doing all sorts of things and was well known for all the wrong reasons. Until she was chased out by his majesty. It's not her fault she's having such a hard time since her mother was chased out of the palace."

"I also hadn't met my mother

"I also hadn't met my mother. Everyone seems to avoid talking about her especially dad, but when they do talk. There are always good things. Dad, gets hurt whenever she's brought up." I said with a sad tone.

I snapped out of my mood and added, "I guess we carry both our mother's reputation with us. I like to keep it that way."

Anna smiled and I said, "I'm not going to punish you don't worry. You did the right thing when you told on Jennette. She's so insensitive I don't even know what to make of it."

"Then....."

I then said, "I need eyes and ears, but most importantly I need support. I need every single nobleman on my side. I don't care who it is. I need a strong foundational support. You understand, what I'm saying Anna?"

"What do you need me to do princess?"

"Get invited to the countess party."

"I am afraid, I don't understand you, princess."

I then said, "I need you to get countess Rosalia to host an event on their estate. Need I say more."

"Princess, I heard the countess has been staying in the duke's estate and her estate is quite far away. It would be impossible to go there just for a simple party."

I then stop

I then stop. She's right. If that man was in her estate, he'd have to wait for weeks to get any news. Not to mention he would have a hard time taking advantage of any situation from a far. He may not be at their main territory, but he may be in one of their many estates. It would be good, if he comes here himself. I may have to lure him out, but how? In Who Made Me a Princess (manwa), he came out because Dad's health was failing, and he brought Jennette with him to use her as a means to get back on the throne. Made sense, from a political standpoint. It's easier to get a newly found princess to take the throne. Rather than to re-appoint one, who was over-thrown quite easily.'

I am not going to use dad as bait, just to lure him out. It's stupid, I'll lose my only leverage on him and Jennette.....(sigh) I guess using her is the best option, but how though?

Let her get close to my dad and me. That won't work. Lucas said, that the black magic dad used barely took an effect. She won't be healing any headaches any time soon. However, if we keep her at arm's length then maybe.....(sigh) I just have to keep a close eye on her. Now, I just have to manipulate her, but I better check with Lucas about this first.

I then remember that Anna was still in the room. I smiled at her and said, "sorry about that. However, I want you to keep an eye on Jennette when she's attending gatherings."

"Princess? But no one will invite her now that she's been ban from the palace!" She said.

"And yet she still lives here! Isn't that ironic. Where on earth did you hear that from?"" I said sarcastically.

"Will, I heard. His majesty said he doesn't want to see or hear anything from her."

I then walked up to her and added with a serious tone. "This is an order, Anna."

I then sat back down and said, "don't worry. You won't be appointed as her lady-in waiting or anything. I just need you to keep an eye on her. From a far that is."

Anna then said, "how would I do that? No one will ever think of inviting her to an event especially now."

If I tell her to invite Jennette to her party, she'll surely be humiliated. Everyone will think she's lost favor with me, and she'll be right back to square one, but that won't happen. I want to use Anna as an example for those who follow me.

I smiled and said, "your right." I snapped my fingers and said to her. "Here is an invitation for the next party I'm hosting. Make sure to also tell everyone that Jennette will also be in attendance."

"But your highness, his majesty!" Anna yelled.

I cut her off and said, "we will just have to make sure Jennette will be well-behave now won't we."

"Yes, your highness." She said as she bowed her head regretfully. You can tell she really hates Jennette just by looking at her. She's so focused on her, she's not even asking why I want the countess to host a party at her estate. I wonder, if she was one of those girls, who bullied Jennette in The Lovely Princess? No doubt she'll make a rumor about this. When Anna left, I then went to the Ruby Palace.