Before Everything Begins part 3

11 Years Later

Claude's Pov

Rose Garden

I couldn't be prouder as I watch my daughter grow up each year. She has worked hard through the years in order to be good at everything. I tried to tell her not to overdo it, but she says she wants to make me proud. As if she doesn't already do.

I looked at my daughter who was clearly worried about her upcoming debutante. I than said, "Athanasia your birthday is coming up. Do you want anything."

"It's not really a want. More like a need daddy." She said as she smiled.

"What do you need then?"

"To practice magic. I have already absorbed Raven a year ago and still nothing. I don't even feel any different."

Has she forgotten about her debutant? "Actually, there is another thing I need."

"What's that?" I ask.

"An escort and a dance partner for my debutante

"An escort and a dance partner for my debutante. However, my first choice I have a feeling that he is going to say no. My second choice isn't here because his off to who knows where. So, I'm stuck with my last option, uncle Felix." I put my teacup down then she added, "what do you think daddy."

If Felix is her last choice, then who are the first and second one? I then said, "Felix is not a bad choice, but who are the other two."

She then said, " my second choice is Lucas, but his not here. He better be back in time for my birthday." I felt even more angrier, that boy took second place.

I prepared myself and asked, "Who is the first one then? Is it the Duke Alpheus son?"

"Who's that?" Right, I forgot she's never been out of the palace. I then said, "who is it then?"

"If daddy says yes that would make me very happy."

"What?"

She bit her lower lip and stared down at the table. "I really want to ask you, but you hate those type of things. So, I'm sure you're going to say no, right. I shouldn't worry too much since I'm sure uncle Felix will take great care of me."

I should have known she wouldn't ask me, if she feels like it's going to be inconvenient. She then said, "but still I really one to go with you. A debutante only happens ones in a lifetime, so I was hoping if instead of a birthday present this year, you would agree to be my escort and dance partner. But if not can you make it to my birthday this year..... That's too much to ask isn't it. I still would like it. If you greet me happy birthday though."

Why is this child always so hypervigilant? She must have gotten it from me. "If that's what you want then there is no reason why it can't be done."

"Really but you hate those things."

"It's just one dance. It's not that much of an inconvenience."

She then run and hugged me and sat on my lap. "Thank you. No take backs."

"I promise." She then kissed me on the cheek.

"By the way dad, I had a strange dream last night."

"What dream?"

"Some girl was introduced as my sister during the debutante."

I then said, "that won't happen you're my only child."

Alpheus Estate

Normal Pov

"One, two, three, One, two, three, now turn and finish."

"What do you think?" Jennette ask her dance instructor.

"You should focus on the second dance and the third. The princess is the only one to dance the first dance."

Jennette then ask, "have you ever met the princess?"

"No, sad to say I wasn't handpicked by his majesty to be her dance instructor."

"I see."

Days Later

Emerald Palace

Athanasia's Pov

This is a disaster. I thought that by asking Lucas to leave to get to the world tree early, he can make it in time for my birthday was wishful thinking. If he had only gone 3 years ago, he would be here by now. Oh, no! What if Jennette doesn't get introduce during the debutante. "Lucas come back!" (cry)

Flashback

9 to 10 Months Ago

"Here you go." I said as I gave Lucas a locket, "it's a safety charm. Don't open it."

I then added, "be back before my birthday alright and don't forget your promise. When you get back, you're going to teach me magic."

"I know, I know." He said.

"Be careful Lucas."

"You worry too much. See you later." He then left. After that weird things started happening all over the continent as expected.

End of Flashback

"What on earth are you crying about?" I looked up and saw Lucas

"I'm back."

Tears run down my face as I then smiled. "Welcome Home. I missed you."

"Yeah, I can tell. You were right someone took the fruit of the world tree before me."

"I told you so. You are coming to my debutante, right?"

"Do I have a choice." He stared at me smile and said, "Happy Birthday."

"Thank you. Where is my gift?"

Lucas then said, "I'll give it to you later."

I then laugh, " you didn't forget about my birthday did you."

"Of course not." He said.