Epilogue

The water had risen up, and carried the trio through the park, resulting in three equally graceful dives off the waterfall while their partners watched. There had been dancing, a lot of hugging and quite a bit of oohing and aahing at the setters skin and abilities. 

When Sakusa jogged into the clearing, looking a mess, Atsumu went over giggling like a schoolboy clearly expecting a conversation or few lovely words, in fact he was gearing up for a pickup line when Sakusa promptly dipped him. There began a rather violent make-out session that Oikawa soon broke up, however Sakusa still refused to let go of Atsumu. This then turned into a rather violent hug that Atsumu was stuck in for quite a few minutes. Atsumu radiated happiness. 

Oikawa wasn't fairing much better, and though Iwa glared at anyone that tried to take him away, the Aoba Johsai team managed to surround him at one point for a conga line. Even Kyoutani joined. No one could ever recall him smiling as much as he did then. 

Suga and Daichi held hands, until Suga slumped over asleep on him. Daichi brushed the hair out of his eyes, and adjusted so Koushi would be more comfortable. I mean, he did say he was still in love. So the man has a chance. But despite that, he relished in the simple serendipity of the moment. 

Their parents had watched, as flowers sprouted. Small ones, in the boys' hair. Little crowns, that flourished as they danced and hugged and kissed and loved, because there was so much love in that clearing. Little gestures of good will, no malice in anyone's face, butterflies and fireflies creating a constellation. Their little galaxy in the field, the three shining brightest, and everyone else in their cosmos. 

It was their world, it belonged only to Oikawa, Atsumu and Suga. Their planets and homes, arrangements of glittering pain and sorrow. Silent music that moved in-between them all, telling the story of the past months. And as the moon reached it's peak, they spun ever faster. Throwing off golden light, as for once others were absorbed in their gravity. Their brilliant orbit and smiles that seemed to hold the secret of life. 

No one knew why they had survived, this new-found strength that had been forged in the crucible of adversity. It was as if silent hands had guided them together, and performed small miracles along the way. 

Or maybe it's as simple as young people in love, and a story with a happy ending.

As the sun rose and the dancing ceased, the flowers wilted and their galaxy paused on its axis. Finally, those poisoned petals hit the ground, and for the first time in months, the boys took their first, full breath.