Chapter 12

To Suga it had seemed like one moment Oikawa was right next to him, and then he blinked and he was gone.

He stood and looked at Oikawa's bloody, glowing footprints, pressed into the grass.

Suga walked the other way.

He started singing quietly to himself, lyrics to a song he can only half-remember...

"You are my summer and my dream,

You are the song I want to sing,

You are everything..."

He paused, looking around. He was listening out for anyone, or anything. Because he knew Sakusa would confess to Atsumu, and he would be saved. Oikawa had left and Suga thought it was best to leave him be as well. But Suga, he only wanted to see one person right now. The only person that mattered when it came down to the gazanias crawling their way up this throat.

He sang again.

"Once I thought I knew it all,

Played the field and had a ball,

But never won."

He fell to his knees and let the vines grow faster than ever before. This place is nice enough, right? I am sure they will be able to put a nice headstone here. I am...

He let his mind fade, and only focused on the words of the verse.

"Laughed aloud, and called the shots, with everyone.

Though it was great to be the clown,

When the chips were really down,

The laughter disappeared and no one cared."

He smiled and closed his eyes, struggling to force out those very last lines.

"Though I lost the friends I knew..." He stopped, letting out a choking sob, letting the forest absorb his sorrows.

"I turned around and you were there."

Suga whipped his head around, tearing some of the delicate vines running like a map across his skin.

There he was. Beautiful, with dark hair and pale skin. His body looked tired, but his eyes, oh his eyes looked like they were only getting started.

"Daichi-" But Suga was cut off when Daichi rushed forward and pulled him into a hug, Suga decided that the forest didn't deserve his tears, then. The only person that mattered was here. So Suga let go and cried, sobbing against his loves chest.

Daichi just rubbed his back in soothing circles, and suddenly his breathing didn't seem impossible. Everything eased, just a little.

Here again was Daichi, holding him up and supporting him. Always there, always dependable, and loving. He always had time, knew when to leave and when to stay. So it seemed fitting that he would be here now, just when he was needed.

When Suga thought he had no more tears left, he pulled away from Daichi, and immediately burst out laughing. "What?" said Daichi indignantly, but in response Suga just pointed at his shirt and watched as his eyes widened.

Suga glowing tears had caused Daichis shirt to glow. "Oh god..." Daichi went to take his shirt off, and Suga let out a small squeak.

Daichi must have heard him, but he did it anyway. Now he was shirtless, and very hot, and Suga was very, very flustered.

Daichi smirked. "Like what you see?"

He shook his head violently. "I don't get to see you like this, Daichi. You should be having a romantic movie night with your girlfriend right now, not hunting me down through a forest. What are you even doing here?"