Chapter 13

The shrine was covered in flowers, blue red and golden orange. Beautiful. It was also covered in thorns. They arrived there in staggered groups, and funnily enough, the three most important people arrived last.

They were panting as they took the steps three at a time because even though Atsumu and Oikawa were loved back, their favourite flowers surged around the pagoda. Daichi ripped through vines and flowers, raged through the thorns that would see him halted. The others simply followed in his path of destruction. After seeing how beautiful their loves had looked, Iwaizumi and Sakusa couldn't bring themselves to destroy the glowing blossoms.

They reached the boys.

Their eyes were closed and their bodies were covered in more vines than ever before. Suga was held by Oikawa, and Atsumu was by both their sides. Their hands were connected. Their eyes were closed and their breathing was shallow, then non-existent.

Blood, there was so much blood. On all of them.

Daichi dove for Suga, the others following suit. They were carried outside and Asahi, Daichi and Osamu performed CPR, never wavering. Someone tried to stop Daichi, saying that he was too fragile for this, but he was reliable as ever.

"Suga," he said in between pants. "Sugawara Koushi, I am going to keep your heart beating for as long as it takes for you to wake up and smile again. Just to see you fucking smile." He kept a steady rhythm. The others were trying to match his speed as they restarted their hearts.

"So please, wake up."

~~~~~

Wake up.

Please, wake up.

You have a choice. Stay, or wake.

Which one will you choose, pray tell?

Suga tried to wake, but his body was shackled by the vines of the others. Oikawa was resting, his mind wandering through their own. Their flowers connected them to the ground and the beating heart of the park. They were sustained by it, nourished by the life around them.

The bodies they resided in were being preserved by the life that coddled their minds, and kept their spirits alive.

Atsumu was lulled by his own exhaustion as well, feeling he was safe. His mind circled around Kawas and they slept. Their consciousness was transformed from coherent thoughts to bursts of beautiful colours, and snippets of emotion.

As his own thoughts became harder to direct, and he felt the swell of energy as the nature around him tried to sing him its ancient lullaby; Suga turned his mind toward the voice, feeling for it through his vines and flowers, through his soul.

Stay.

Let us stay until we are ready.

He let himself be pulled under.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Kiyomi, Hajime, and Sawamura.

At 12:32 am the paramedics declared Atsumu Miya, Oikawa Tooru and Sugawara Koushi technically dead.

However scans performed by the shrine showed that there was still brain activity. Due to the CPR efforts there were heartbeats, but it was concluded that they were far too slow and that blood pressure had dropped beyond survivable levels.

However the bodies do not rot, nor has that heartbeat changed.

For this reason, the bodies have been left by the shrine where they will continue to be monitored.

The nature of Hanahaki is unknown, how flowers can possibly grow in your lungs because of heartbreak is baffling.

Yet everyday people die from it, people survive it, and humanity carries on. There are so many things we have yet to discover, to learn from and overcome.

These boys are yet another medical phenomenon. They smile in their sleep, occasionally their eyelids flutter. Yet they should be dead. Flowers have wrapped around their bodies, they glow at night.

No animals disturb their sleep, however we have observed birds dropping other flowers on their chests, and larger animals have been seen curled up by their sides. No insects have tried to invade their bodies, which goes against their every instinct.

They are perfectly preserved, and seem to be as much a part of the park as the deep ravine or the waterfall.

So I know it is not my place, and that the funerals are being hosted later this afternoon, but I am asking you not to give up hope.

Even if it is today, or tomorrow, you will see these boys again. They await you, just come and see.

Kind Regards,

Unknown

____________________________________________________________

Author here, so sorry for the long wait! Here is another Chapter. I know it seems bleak right now, but don't worry. The ending is still fluff okay! I couldn't do that to my boys. 

Or could I....