Chapter 7

Iwaizumi was in his room when he got home. The sight of him, so perfect and defined, sent Oikawa's mind reeling. It was hard to breathe, and that wasn't just because of the Hanahaki.

"What are you doing here, Iwa?" Iwaizumi tensed but didn't turn. He was holding something, and Oikawa couldn't make out what it was.

He walked closer. "Why are you ignoring me?" Still nothing.

"Iwaizumi?" he sighed.

"Iwa-chan?" The nickname brought a barrage or coughing. Oikawa seemed to have only closed his eyes for a second, but that was all the time Iwaizumi needed to pin him to the wall, hands above his head.

"Oikawa Tooru. You have been ignoring me, ignoring Makki and Mattsun. You have been skipping practice, ditching class. Always on your phone with those two friends of yours." He leaned in really close and it was taking everything Oikawa had not to cough large, blood stained irisies into his face.

"What I want to know is," his lips brushed Oikawa's ear. "Why?"

Oikawa kneed him in the stomach and pushed him away, grabbing a tissue from his pocket and coughing into it. His body almost convulsed with the force. Damn it! He thought. Iwaizumi was literally going to be the death of him.

He wanted it engraved on his tombstone, 'Here lies Oikawa Tooru, he died as he lived, staring at Iwaizumi's biceps.'

Iwaizumi picked him up bridal style and carried him to the bed. This just made the coughing worse and Oikawa pushed him away and commando rolled off his lap. Once they were at opposite ends Kawa managed to get his hacking cough under control.

"I'm sick."

"Obviously."

Oikawa raised an eyebrow and pushed Iwa away with his foot when he tried to come closer. Iwa took a deep breath and Oikawa braced for the lecture, the yelling and accusations. But when he opened his eyes again he saw nothing of rage or anger in his precious iwa's face. Just...

Sorrow.

"Tooru. You are not okay. I don't know what I would do with myself if-." He paused. Oikawa realised something then. Iwaizumi may not love him like a boyfriend, but he loved him anyway. That love just could not cure him.

So Oikawa took Iwa's head in his hands and put their foreheads together. The last time he would touch Iwa. He found himself doing allot of 'last things' lately.

'Iwaizumi Hajime. Listen to me. What is happening to me, is my fault and mine alone. It is not a burden I am sharing with you." Iwa tried to lift his head and talk but Oikawa put a hand over his mouth.

"I want you to walk downstairs. To go hug that blonde girl who makes you so happy. To walk home with a smile on your face because you know that I am okay. I know what is happening to me and I know how this is going to end. It is ending with you happy. Okay?"

Oikawa removed his hand and sat back, swallowing the flowers and showing no reaction to the tightening vines around his skin. His pain he could bear in silence. But Hajimes he could not.

"You know, I won't be happy without you Tooru."

Oikawa paused. "I'm not that special Iwa, there are a million just like me. Now remember what I said? Go, please. This is not something you can cure." The irony is he could, but Tooru refused to put him in that position.

He pushed Iwa out the door and closed it behind him. He let the tears flow and the vines strangle, watched a small flower bloom on his arm, coughed up a bouquet of blue and red. Hajime could live without him. Oikawa knew what he had to do without even a conscious thought. He pulled open his phone and saw that the others had come to the same conclusion.

He typed out one simple sentence.

We need to leave. 

________________________________________

Hey, things are heating up! We have had our little taste of each ship, and they are all feeling complex emotions that I am trying to explain. Listen to the songs 'I Lived' by One Republic or "In Case You Don't Live Forever' by Ben Platt. Because they are a musical version of the message I am trying to convey. Continued credit to the artists for their beautiful work. Hope you liked my story thus far. :)