Chapter 18

Oikawa walked quietly through the park, literally following his heart to his Iwa-chan. He had left the others behind, and was not afraid. What are months compared to the years they had spent together? What is the threat of these moments compared to the lifetime to come?

His footsteps were muffled as he approached a cliff, the same as before. This time it was Hajime sitting there, looking out at the sky. His jacket was open and his skin pricked against the night air. His eyes were closed, shadows trailing down his sharp jawline. Perhaps he was a little bulkier, stronger. But his soul was the same. All it took was a look for Oikawa to learn that. 

Yet despite his earlier bravado, it was a struggle to move. One foot, then another. His hand shook as he reached out, and he cursed himself for it. Wanting...

"You finally came back to me."

Oikawa froze. Iwaizumi opened his eyes, and Oikawa stepped further into the moonlight. He walked closer. Iwaizumi was staring at the sky, a tear leaking down his face. 

"H-Hajime?"

Gosh darnit, he stuttered when he was nervous. 

Iwaizumi turned around, and looked at Oikawa. His mouth was open in an 'o', tears trailing down his cheeks. Oikawa wanted to kiss them away, wanted the right to do so. 

"Iwa-chan?" 

His smile could carve the clouds, could be the last thing Oikawa ever saw. That heartbreaking smile in the moonlight, the conformation that Oikawa was back, he was safe with his Hajime...

Oikawa fell to his knees, hiccuping sobs tearing their way out of his throat. Iwaizumi pulled him close, onto his lap, and Oikawa hugged his so fiercely he knew nothing would ever tear him away again. 

"Shouldn't I be the one crying?" Oikawa wrapped his arms around Iwaizumis neck and only cried harder, loudly and uncontrollably. It wasn't that he was sad, or even that he was happy. He was just home, and he realised how scary living without this had been. for the first time in fifteen years they had been truly separated, and it had almost killed Oikawa. 

Yin and yang, they completed each other effortlessly, and when Iwaizumi kissed Oikawa it was like there was nothing else in the world. Oikawa's sobs quieted down, and Iwaizumi gave him his jacket, draping it around his shoulders. 

"You look different." iwaizumi smiled at Oikawa. God, was he going to smile at this man for the rest of his life. 

"A good different. You glow, just like your precious stars." Oikawa leaned back into Hajime, eyes closed. "You're the one that made me glow, you know. I glow for you." 

Oikawa heard a sniffle, and turned around. He kissed Iwa's tears away as the boy clenched his jaw. "If you glow for me, then why'd you have to leave?"

Oikawa spoke as he kissed the tears away, putting their foreheads together. "Suga needed me for a few months. I need you for the rest of my life. I'd die otherwise. That time apart changed us, and I glow all the brighter for it. I love you too much to let you go Iwa-chan."

Iwaizumi met his eyes, and Oikawa continued, tracing patterns on Iwaizumis arms. "I watch you like a star would the sun. I follow you like a man would I god. I love you with my whole soul, and my whole heart. You are my home, and no matter what, I'll always return to you." He looked up. "Or die trying."

"You sappy asshole." Iwaizumi tackled Oikawa into the grass, tickling him. The shrieks of laughter blended into the night as they wrestled each other, mending the gaps in their hearts. 

Iwaizumi pinned Oikawa down, and they kissed each other, slowly. Oikawa went to sit up, but Iwa pushed him back down. "Oh, you're never going out of my arms again."

"Now who's the sappy asshole?"

Iwaizumi quickly had him quiet. 

________________________________

This is short, but with iwaoi they already know what the other is thinking with a glance. Not like with other ships, this one is already has such a strong foundation that when it comes to feelings, it's already known. They're back with each other, and that's all that matters.